Bulldog has thinning fur and bumbs all over skin

Jan 31, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus and diesel
Hi my bulldogs fur is thinning and has bumbs over it, not sure what's going on, he eats taste of the wild dog food, my other bully does great on this food, any ideas on what might be going on?
thank u

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Hi and welcome. If you can post a pic itl be very helpful and someone will be along shortly with some advice. If you need help on how to post the pic after you have taken it let us know :2thumbs:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi :welcome3: It could be a number of things, but the picture will really help the members give you some advice

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
definitely sounds like that food is not for him. My first Bullie went through that. I put her on raw food diet, she got her hair back, no more bumps, has a beautiful coat. The vet was amazed at her coat. I will never use commercial dog food again. I have (5) bullies, all on raw food diet, and their coats are beautiful and shiny. have no skin issues at all.
Good luck

OP
A
Jan 31, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus and diesel
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHis fur is thinning everywhere, and some bumps on his tail

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
A
Jan 31, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus and diesel
The bumps are flakey, but he does have large red lumps around his neck, possibly from his collar here is a pic of the sores on his neck the black spot is a scab and the lump is as wide as my fingers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
OP
A
Jan 31, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus and diesel
I'm going to switch his food on Monday if it doesn't improve, I guess I'll be going to the vet :(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
How long has he been on this food? Last couple pics look like hot spots, first two hives, so my guess would be a major food and/or allergic reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Im not sure if It will help but would he be able to have benadryl if its an allergic reaction to food? Hoping one of the others can answer that for you as im not sure.. just a suggestion! Keep us updated how he is xx

OP
A
Jan 31, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus and diesel
going to start him on benadryl tonight, hes been on this food for about 5 months, the other food he was on before this one was wellness core, and he still had issues. going to try a limited ingrediant diet any suggestions?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
going to start him on benadryl tonight, hes been on this food for about 5 months, the other food he was on before this one was wellness core, and he still had issues. going to try a limited ingrediant diet any suggestions?

What is the food you are feeding now... especually the protein?

going to tag other memebrs for food help....

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
It looks like there's various things going on. Allergies, hives, dryness..
Does he lick his paws? A lot of times dogs with allergies lick.

Have you given him any kind of medication lately? Like for fleas? Or has he had any vaccines recently?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.