ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG I'm just now reading this… I'm so very sorry for your loss :*( Condolences to you and your family… When our Winston died (over a month ago) our grandson who is 2, has been having a difficult time understanding where his "Winsy" has gone. We bought him a stuffed bulldog, and he now carries him w/him all day long. My heart just breaks for your kids...

As far as the breeder is concerned, that is horrible that he's not willing to talk to you concerning this...

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
That is so sad. My condolences to you and your family. That is heartbreaking and only a puppy too. Yes your breeder bears some responsibility here... but i'm sure right now the loss of your bully is the primary thought in your mind.

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
So sorry for your loss. Prayers to you. Was he showing signs of sickness? It's sad that the breeder doesn't even hear you out, weather it was congenital or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
So sorry for your loss. I hope you get the answers you need to heal.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I am so sorry to hear about your loss, it's devastating to lose your pet and family member. I am appalled your breeder won't even speak to you about this, it's truly a tragedy. Your family is in my thoughts and my prayers

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I am so very sorry for your loss, and what you and your family are going through. It must be devastating, it doesn't matter how short or long you have your puppy, you have already bonded with him from the day you pick him out. Any loss is sad and hard to accept, especially when the reason is unknown. I agree with Carol as well, you should try to hold the breeder for some accountability, an small claims court to try to get at least some of your money back. It won't bring back Bentley, but maybe make the breeder more responsible, or help you give answers as to what happened. Do you know if any of the other puppies in that litter had any problems, or similar things happen? Again I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you love, hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
I agree with everyone . So sorry you lost your baby , praying for your family .

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I am so sorry! I know how much of a shock this is to you. I have been though -but never such a young pup. As others have stated, I would definitely put the word out letting all know of this breeder's unethical behaviour As you can see-it was "all about the $" with them, as they are not the least bit interested in finding out the problem.
It sounds like it may have been a heart. Please do not give up. There are good, reputable breeders and when your heart heals you will find another pup. Prayers for you and your family.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
My sincere condolences on the loss of your baby. I'm so very sorry you and your family are going thru such heartbreak.:hug:

OP
CzarBentley

CzarBentley

Jan 6, 2014
Thank you guys, I really appreciate all the love & support from all of you. It means a lot. I've read every reply from each one of you and I appreciate the concern. As for the breeder, he contacted me telling me he needs prof of what the cause of death was & without it he cannot do anything but give me $500 back? I spend $2000 for the beautiful puppy and thought he would be with the family for years to come. My kids kept asking me where Bentley was at, all I could say was that we had to take him with his mommy. My daughter replied with "no he died" :(:( as far as Bentley's symptoms. He was acting like he was gonna grow up so I looked it up and it seemed like it was "reverse sneezing" at that point I was not alarmed. So the very next morning he was having problems breathing. Laying down not being playful what so ever. We rushed him to the vet, as soon as we parked I noticed he stopped breathing :(:(:(

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Well, at least the breeder did offer $500. You said the autopsy would cost $1000? I imagine then the breeder could come up with a reason why it was not any fault of his-which could be true.Then you would be out $2000 + 1500. If it were me, I would offer a pup from my next litter, but it is not me. I would take the $500. and save it towards getting another pup elsewhere, when you can. It will never bring Bentley back, but each one is individual and as with your children, you will love another pup. Again, so sorry this happened to you.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you guys, I really appreciate all the love & support from all of you. It means a lot. I've read every reply from each one of you and I appreciate the concern. As for the breeder, he contacted me telling me he needs prof of what the cause of death was & without it he cannot do anything but give me $500 back? I spend $2000 for the beautiful puppy and thought he would be with the family for years to come. My kids kept asking me where Bentley was at, all I could say was that we had to take him with his mommy. My daughter replied with "no he died" :(:( as far as Bentley's symptoms. He was acting like he was gonna grow up so I looked it up and it seemed like it was "reverse sneezing" at that point I was not alarmed. So the very next morning he was having problems breathing. Laying down not being playful what so ever. We rushed him to the vet, as soon as we parked I noticed he stopped breathing :(:(:(

As bad as I hate saying this, I agree with what Lynn @Manydogs...has suggested, that you
take the breeders $500 and not do the autopsy (as it could be inconclusive) and keep that
$1000 in your pocket and when the time is right, get another bully...maybe from a rescue
organization or look to rehome a bully (I've rehomed two bullies, both wonderful). You can
contact reputable breeders that look to rehome their breeding females after retiring them.
I would imagine tho, you want a puppy to raise with your young children, understandable.
Please don't leave us tho, stay here and let us support you thru this tragedy and also, learn
about this wonderful breed (as he was your 1st bully). We understand your love for Bentley
and now, your grief like no one can. I lost my 1st bully exactly a year ago and am just now
able to not cry thinking of him. I wasn't really ready but got a call about 3 months later from
a dear friend here
@Davidh...knowing of a retired breeding female needing a home so I took
Cami, here 10 months and just love her so much! It helped heal my heartache & loss so much!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.