Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Rip CzarBentley !!! :(:(

My sincere condolences on the loss of your baby. I'm so very sorry you and your family are going thru such heartbreak.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I am so sorry. This is really sad news.

Thank you guys, I really appreciate all the love & support from all of you. It means a lot. I've read every reply from each one of you and I appreciate the concern. As for the breeder, he contacted me telling me he needs prof of what the cause of death was & without it he cannot do anything but give me $500 back? I spend $2000 for the beautiful puppy and thought he would be with the family for years to come. My kids kept asking me where Bentley was at, all I could say was that we had to take him with his mommy. My daughter replied with "no he died" as far as Bentley's symptoms. He was acting like he was gonna grow up so I looked it up and it seemed like it was "reverse sneezing" at that point I was not alarmed. So the very next morning he was having problems breathing. Laying down not being playful what so ever. We rushed him to the vet, as soon as we parked I noticed he stopped breathing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Well, at least the breeder did offer $500. You said the autopsy would cost $1000? I imagine then the breeder could come up with a reason why it was not any fault of his-which could be true.Then you would be out $2000 + 1500. If it were me, I would offer a pup from my next litter, but it is not me. I would take the $500. and save it towards getting another pup elsewhere, when you can. It will never bring Bentley back, but each one is individual and as with your children, you will love another pup. Again, so sorry this happened to you.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry to read this I can't even imagine what you and your family are going through. Run free little Bentley
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=CzarBentley;461200]Thank you guys, I really appreciate all the love & support from all of you. It means a lot. I've read every reply from each one of you and I appreciate the concern. As for the breeder, he contacted me telling me he needs prof of what the cause of death was & without it he cannot do anything but give me $500 back? I spend $2000 for the beautiful puppy and thought he would be with the family for years to come. My kids kept asking me where Bentley was at, all I could say was that we had to take him with his mommy. My daughter replied with "no he died" as far as Bentley's symptoms. He was acting like he was gonna grow up so I looked it up and it seemed like it was "reverse sneezing" at that point I was not alarmed. So the very next morning he was having problems breathing. Laying down not being playful what so ever. We rushed him to the vet, as soon as we parked I noticed he stopped breathing

As bad as I hate saying this, I agree with what Lynn @Manydogs...has suggested, that you
    take the breeders $500 and not do the autopsy (as it could be inconclusive) and keep that
    $1000 in your pocket and when the time is right, get another bully...maybe from a rescue
    organization or look to rehome a bully (I've rehomed two bullies, both wonderful). You can
    contact reputable breeders that look to rehome their breeding females after retiring them.
    I would imagine tho, you want a puppy to raise with your young children, understandable.
    Please don't leave us tho, stay here and let us support you thru this tragedy and also, learn
    about this wonderful breed (as he was your 1st bully). We understand your love for Bentley
    and now, your grief like no one can. I lost my 1st bully exactly a year ago and am just now
    able to not cry thinking of him. I wasn't really ready but got a call about 3 months later from
    a dear friend here
    @Davidh...knowing of a retired breeding female needing a home so I took
    Cami, here 10 months and just love her so much! It helped heal my heartache & loss so much!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

I will give it some thought. Talk to my wife and come to a decision. Money comes and goes but the bond my children had created with Bentley cannot be replaced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

No, Bentley cannot be replaced. The kids will always remember him and talk about him-but they can and will bond with another, when you are ready. I can't imagine not .
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

That's true. I hope your kids are old enough to understand that sometimes tragic things happen to ones we love and a new puppy can help heal some of the hurt and loss your kids are feeling(you as well). When my kids were little, 10, 6, and 3 we had a yellow lab that everyone just adored. For some reason that at the time I did not understand I made my husband take me to the local shelter and we adopted our beautiful Molly a black lab that we still have. My husband thought I was crazy but I felt so strongly that we should have this pup. Well 2 mos later our beloved Cinnamon died. The reason we were led to Molly was now clear. She helped the entire family through a terribly tragic time. We had no warning that Cinnamon was sick. She just woke up ill and died within hours. My prayers are with your entire family as you go though this and whatever decision you make about the future will be clear to you when the time is right.
    My smooshy face boy!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Agatha Gump
    Likes (Received)

This is so tragic and we will keep you in our thoughts.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koozer
    Likes (Received)

I am absolutely devastated for you and your family. Our fur babies, so quickly, become a part of our family, and it is awful to lose a member of your family. I pray for healing for you and your family's hearts!

Real Name
    Buffy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dually
    Likes (Received)

I am so deeply sorry for your loss and what you and your family are going through. My thoughts and prayers go out to you!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads