25 bullies rescued from puppy mill

jacquik

Feb 1, 2013
Country
Cape Cod MA
Bulldog(s) Names
harley and caesar
Don't know if this is posted anywhere but just came across it online www.ebullymatch.com/index.html So sad they have all these bullies at this rescue needing to be adopted in Chicago area...looks like you have to live in area to adopt though

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
WOW.. Glad they're all in a rescue.

What I don't get though, is why they don't let families outside of their area adopt?
I understand that they make home visits, but why can't there just be a nationwide network, where the rescues in various states work together to ensure ALL bullies go to good homes. It's such a shame to think that the only thing that would keep some of these guys from their forever homes, is something as trivial as these families living outside of the rescues zone.. just crazy to me.

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
So so sad. Would love to have helped one of these little guys and give them a furrever home xx

shobbsie

Mar 28, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Two
I get really frustrated with the location issue. I live in an area where the two closest bully rescues are St. Louis, MO. and around Tulsa, OK. I live in north central Kansas. The one in Oklahoma states you have to live in Oklahoma to adopt, and the one in St. Louis says you have to live within one hour for the home visit.
Sometimes the St. Louis rescue will put out a notice that a bulldog is being fostered in Kansas City, but I live two hours away.
We would like to have another bully and when I see stories like this it really irritates me that I can't adopt. I would think that they would consider experience with the breed.
I agree a national system or possibly using another breed rescue to do the home visit is a good idea.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So happy they are safe, but so sad for what they had to go through.

CEBR is pretty strick on the location guidelines too.... they have a great support system and program

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.