Incision red and swollen after spay?

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
This is Stella's spay incision. It has gotten red and swollen the past few days. Not hot, and no drainage. She was spayed on 1/9. Is that part of the normal healing process to swell like that?
gy5ygu9y.jpg
ja9y2y3u.jpg
a6a4aze4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
A week after June's spay, her incision was red and swollen too. Took her to the vet and they said it was just a small infection and they gave her Clavamox 2 times a day for a week. It was considerably better after a day or 2.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Usually the stitches come out at about 2 weeks-or did they glue her 'cause I can't see stitches? It looks kinda' "bumpy" to me, and the darker red looks a little worrisome. I would have them take a look-or if your vet has email-email them a picture, and see what he says. Much better to be safe...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Usually the stitches come out at about 2 weeks-or did they glue her 'cause I can't see stitches? It looks kinda' "bumpy" to me, and the darker red looks a little worrisome. I would have them take a look-or if your vet has email-email them a picture, and see what he says. Much better to be safe...

Agreed, looks very bumpy and swollen, I'd go for a recheck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OUCH!!! I agree, have her looked at

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Poor baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heavyblankets

Jan 21, 2013
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Agnes
Agnes's incision didn't get red or swollen after her spay. I would have your vet check her out based on your pic! Hope all is well with your little girl!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online