agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
before diesel i had baileys for 14 years she was a stafford bull terrier, she was so easy going and nothing used to phase her. diesel is 2 in july, he is aware of everything, he normally barks (then wee's on black bin bags:whistle:) thats his thing!!!!
anyways - last night i was nearly falling asleep watching TV when diesel jumped up and was barking (not a nice bark at that) looking at nothing, nothing i could do take his attention away, the longer it went on the more it freaked me out, lasted over 3 mins.....oh i dont believe in that life after death, ghosts etc
i am trying to be me, and puting it down to how weird bulldogs can be (ocd)

MommaLovesDEXTER

Jan 3, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Dexter does the same! Had a similar episode the other night. He sleeps in bed with us and jumped out of nowhere and started starring and barking at the bathroom door. Lol I really do think they have a sixth sense 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gigi Girl

Oct 23, 2013
Rhode Island
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gia
I have had Gia since she was 6 weeks old...she is almost two. I know her whole history. Well my husband recently bought a nerf gun to play with the kids...it shoots foam circles..well whenever Gia sees the gun she flips out. Scary bark like ive never heard from her. She is so afraid. I think its odd since she has no clue and no experience with guns..strange to me...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Every now and then Holly will do this at the front door....kinda creeps me out! I always wonder, what is going on? Is someone trying to break in?? She always has a meaner bark too, we call it her big girl bark. :bulldog:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
All the dogs I have ever had, have been afraid of guns-even if they have never seen on before-they have some kind of instinct about them....? And they are much more like psychic/sensitive than most people. I've had dogs who were afraid of storms, and they knew 4 hours before a storm occured. Better than the weatherman~like birds with earthquakes.

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I am a non believer so I ll put it down to bulldogs just being weird !!!!
I hope but I ll sleep tonight with the lights on. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Ahhh-so you are a non-believer, but think anything is possible,eh?? Lights on!!! All's well. Diesel is on the watch!:detective::babysleep:

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
ajygepuh.jpg

I am telling you I saw it, that's why I barked!!!!

yjyjereh.jpg

It's behind you, don't turn around .......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gigi Girl

Oct 23, 2013
Rhode Island
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gia
Gia is afraid of all things. Not sure what she would do if she saw a ghost. I mean an empty paPer towel role makes her run!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
sometimes Chunky farts rather loudly in his sleep an startles himself awake barking and carrying on....did his butt scare him?? those butts can be SNEAKY!!! ;)

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
i think that dogs and animals in general do. Hercules does the same thing. He'll be fine and relaxed and all of a sudden he gets in to protect mode and starts looking in one direction nd look as if he is following something, it's very creepy but he's got my back.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
OMG my bf and I were just talking about this the other night! I even googled "can dogs see ghosts" hahaha. Seriously though, June will just be sitting on the couch and then she'll look up to the ceiling and follow something with her eyes. It's the weirdest thing. And sometimes at night (of course when i'm home alone with her) she will bark at my bedroom door or the bathroom or something and it gives me the heebie jeebies! My bf said she does that at night too after i'm in bed. Glad she's not the only one!

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Yeh my boy has done this a couple of times at the door sand I thought someone was out there fooling around where they shouldn't be .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks does this all the time... will bark in the middle of the night at nothing at all, drives me batty

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online