Who here has a bully with no real Tear Stain issues?

jacquik

Feb 1, 2013
Country
Cape Cod MA
Bulldog(s) Names
harley and caesar
I have 2 1 yr old bullies...Caesar is all white...never had tear stain issues....feed Fromm pork and peas.....before that came out Beef Frittata ..I do religiously wipe them down every morning with baby wipes and eye cleaning pads to get rid of any moisture

SpikeS

Oct 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
I have 2 1 yr old bullies...Caesar is all white...never had tear stain issues....feed Fromm pork and peas.....before that came out Beef Frittata ..I do religiously wipe them down every morning with baby wipes and eye cleaning pads to get rid of any moisture

Do your dogs eyes constantly water? Also what eye cleaning pads do you use?

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
will you still read my answer if Lola has half brindle half white face? She eats NVI raw patties, venison, and Tollden farms raw patties - boar and vegetable. She gets string cheese, PB, and Canisource freeze dried dog kibble as treats. She used to have tear stains when she was on chicken kibble (wellness).

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I didn't when Ftse was on puppy kibble but as soon as he went onto the Adult one the tear stains started and I have changed his food and it is 90% better now but not perfect.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I totally wish I could say us on this, but the truth is.......she may be sweet faced now, but she has had horrible tear stains in the past. She has been on antibiotics a few times this past year and that truly is what helped clear her up.

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Brynn is a brindle color, but has a lot of white on her face. However, I have never had any tear stains with her since I have had her. I clean her face with a warm wash cloth once a week and feed her Fromm's Beef Frittata. Some people have said that it depends on the environment to and allergies, but Brynn doesn't have big problems with that either. I must have just got lucky… but I make sure to clean her face often anyways.

jacquik

Feb 1, 2013
Country
Cape Cod MA
Bulldog(s) Names
harley and caesar
The wipes I use are Petco eye grooming wipes....one of my bully's tends to have moisture under his eyes in the morning so I wipe 1st w/ a papertowel then use the eye wipes. They also sell a liquid which you put on w/ a cotton ball which would be better for set in stains. The wipes I use say they help remove set in stains but I think they are more for prevention of more stains. The most important thing is to try and have a routine..pick a time of day you know you will follow through w/ the grooming. I'm lucky I have a daycare in my house and my after school kids groom them every morning before school..the pups don't mind because they get a little treat when they are done.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
June has an all white face and used to have bad tear stains. She was on Fromm puppy but we switched her to the grain free all-stages Beef Frittata (and now Surf and Turf) and started giving her filtered water. Not sure if it was one or the other, or the combo but it made her tear stains go away completely.

Before: 213.jpg
After: 253.JPG

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

This has to be the most helpful thread ever.

Thank you everyone.

Clear winners:
Fromms Pork & Peas
Fromms Beef Fritatta
Taste of the Wild, Sierra Mountain (lamb and peas formula).
Taste of the Wild, Bison and Venison.

And Filtered/Distilled water!

Honorable Mention:
Earthborne Holistic Grain Free Lamb (meadowfeast)
NVI raw patties, venison, and Tollden farms raw patties - boar and vegetable

heavyblankets

Jan 21, 2013
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Agnes
Agnes has half brindle, half white face. We haven't had any tear stain issues yet at one year. I feed her fromm family adult kibble in the purple bag. She does have moisture under her eyes sometimes, especially after sleeping but hasn't had the dark stains.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
No tear stains for my guy
azu6a8e7.jpg

He eats fromms beef frittata

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Kansascitymama

Jan 11, 2014
Northern, VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Beefy & Miss. Dutchess McWigglesworth
Neither of my dogs have tear stains I know technically Mr. B really doesn't count, but I have a 4 year old Standard white poodle. Gia has never had a tear stain problem, but does suffer from many food allergies, that caused her to lick certain parts of her body that were itchy. The saliva would turn them into rust colored spots. So after switching her food a million time's and vet visits, Blue buffalo I found to be the best kibble, I just recently went RAW with her since that was my intention before I got my bully. I have a groomer friend that uses Angel eye's which can be ordered, and she is very happy with the product. You also need to wipe the face a couple of times per day with a cloth and use a tear free small dot amount of cleanser (Johnson and Johnson). It may be worth pin pointing exactly what you guy is allergic to and going from there. Hope this helps and Gia is pure white!

GusBus

Apr 21, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
This has to be the most helpful thread ever.

Thank you everyone.

Clear winners:
Fromms Pork & Peas
Fromms Beef Fritatta
Taste of the Wild, Sierra Mountain (lamb and peas formula).
Taste of the Wild, Bison and Venison.

And Filtered/Distilled water!

Honorable Mention:
Earthborne Holistic Grain Free Lamb (meadowfeast)
NVI raw patties, venison, and Tollden farms raw patties - boar and vegetable

Add us to the Fromm Pork and Peas fan club! Actually, I will do ya one better. Gus had bad stains that started when he was first cutting teeth. I tried every kind of medicated wipe money could buy, Desitin, corn starch/milk of magnesia, witch hazel, stainless steel bowls, filtered water, Angel Eyes, etc. Nothing worked. Now that Gus is on the Pork n Peas, his eyes still water sometimes, but his face is perfectly white. AND I don't use filtered water anymore, and I pretty much never have to clean his face. I have a whole bag of products that I don't have to use anymore, lol.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am a bit late to the party but Harlea doesn't have any tear stains unless we give her something with Salmon in it. Her muzzle is white blending in to her brown eyes but on salmon they are very noticeable. Remove the salmon and you can see a little wetness from time to time but no staining. She is currently eating Fromms Grain Free Game Bird and switches between it Pork and Peas and Beef Fritatta without issue.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online