Who here has a bully with no real Tear Stain issues?

B

Baxter Tiberius

Who here doesn't really have any issues with tear stains?

And the *real* question:

Exactly what do you feed your bully if you have no stains? Brand and Flavors both please!

PS: Preferrably light furred bully face owners only on this one!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHi Kevin, I have one of each colour. My male Bulldozer is brown with a little bit of white on his neck and front paws, but his eyes are brown, and he doesn't have any tear stains, but my female Blosssom is all white with a few brown spots on her back, and she is the one with the allergies to chicken, salmon, corn and grains. She also seems to have more skin issues than her brother. They are siblings and litter mates, so have the same parents, but she is much more sensitive than he is. She does have tear stains, they're not really bad, but they're there and noticeable. I wipe them with a damp cloth, but they don't totally go away. We feed our guys Fromms Beef Fritatta, as beef is the only protein she seems to tolerate without major allergy symptoms, and good poops, with no diarrhea. She isn't totally symptom free though, as she still sometimes will get a pink face, and will sometimes lick her paws, but not often. I don't know what or if it's the food or some ingredient in the food that she is sensitive to, but it's the only food that we've tried that she does well on. I hope she doesn't develop an allergy to this brand as well. I'll definetely be watching this thread to see what advice you get, as I'm interested in it as well. I'm sure other members with more experience will be along soon to help.

Last edited:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
We got-Lilly have a clean face - we feed her salmon and rice , and clean her daily with a warm cloth .Few of Lilly liter mates have tears stains but we set up daily cleaning routine and so far no tear stains

santinomom

Jan 22, 2013
Rochester, New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Santino
My Santino is all white except for one brown ear and had severe tear stains at one point and no longer has any. He used to eat Natural Balance fish and sweet potato and drank tap water. He now eats Fromms pork and peas and only gets distilled water. I used to wipe his facial folds everyday with hydrogen peroxide and no longer need to. Whatever was causing them was due to his diet.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Diesel has only one eye that gives off a year stain. The one that had cherry eye in it. The vet advised not to cut the cherry out and told me hr could Make a small pocket and tuck the gland back in preventing dry eye in later years.

Jonel

Jun 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sherman
Sherman has a white face and no tear stains. We feed him Taste of the Wild, Bison and Venison. We give him only filtered water. He doesn't get any treats except Ziwipeak beef. He has allergies to many things, but with this compo he stays tear stain free.

Lisa Marie Mayer

Feb 20, 2013
michigan
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
lord igor (aka iggy pup), bones and blue
Igor is all white with a brown ear. We have never had tear stains. When we rescued our boston he had horrid ones nearly covering his little face. They both were eatting Go Sensitive and were taking NuVet Plus suppliments. After having the BT for around four months his stains were totally gone. We recently switched the BT to Fromms and they are midly coming back. It is worth it though because the Go kibble was larger and he has digestion issues that the Fromms help with. Long story short - white bully no stains.

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Holly has a white face and had very little staining on Fromms Beef Frittata. She had horrible staining and allergies on Fromms Game Bird. We just switched to Pork & Peas and the stains and allergies from the Game Bird are starting to clear up :) we are clearly making the rounds with Fromms lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks is white with 'freckles' on her body. No tear stains, but it was a battle until I got her on the right food..... Fromm Grain Free Pork and Peas.
Also, I do notice that when she has to take Deramaxx for an extended period of time (months) she will get some staining, but overall she is clear.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Fromms Pork and Peas for the Curly! He had cleared up completely until he got bit by a bug and broke out into hives some time last month. They are clearing up now slowly - it takes about a month for the tear stains on him to go away once they form.

We also only give him filtered water- we found with tap water he would get red on his neck and chin because he dips his whole face into the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
We have been lucky with Koozer and his lack of tear staining. We feed him Taste of the Wild, Sierra Mountain flavor, which is the lamb and peas formula. Good luck!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
It's a battle, depends on his environmental allergies to be honest. Right now he has none and hasen't had any in quite a while. Vegas eats Earthbourne Holistic Grain Free Lamb (Meadowfeast) and does great on it.

SpikeS

Oct 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
Fromms Pork and Peas, no tear stains at all. But, he always has wetness below his eyes. He is 6mo. old so hopefully this will stop/slow in the future.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Oliver is all white except for a black ear and a black tail and has no tear stains. I switch him between Earthborn Holistic Meadowfeast (lamb formula) and Zignature Lamb formula. I hardly ever have to clean his face except for under his nose rope every other day.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.