Dog Bed HELP!

SpikeS

Oct 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
Ok so after coming home from work and seeing Spike chewed into his new dog bed ( 4th one in 3 months) I need to buy a bulldog proof dog bed, prefereably an orthopedic one that is comfortable for him to sleep on in his crate. I saw K9ballistics on the web. Anyone have ANY suggestions! I thought this new bed was the one he couldnt get through because it was a durable material.... WRONG 2 days it lasted.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We have a couple females we can't buy beds for because they will eat them, so we bought them a vinyl crate pad and they haven't chewed on them yet. The company we got them from is Primo Pads Vinyl Crate Pads.

Ladylowery2005

Jan 6, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Major Payne
Ok so after coming home from work and seeing Spike chewed into his new dog bed ( 4th one in 3 months) I need to buy a bulldog proof dog bed, prefereably an orthopedic one that is comfortable for him to sleep on in his crate. I saw K9ballistics on the web. Anyone have ANY suggestions! I thought this new bed was the one he couldnt get through because it was a durable material.... WRONG 2 days it lasted.

I can sympathize. Major even chewed a hole in a towel. He will lick and chew on any cloth. I would love to hear suggestions too. I have heard of strings from beds and/or blankets getting caught in the stomach and making dogs super sick. Some needing surgery. So I am super freaked out about it. I have a $60 dog bed sitting behind his cage cause he started chewing on it too. I think it was Kong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi we have the same problem, my guys chew and eat blankets, pillows, beds, and anything soft like stuffed toys, any soft toys, and any squeaky toys. I feel bad because they have to lay on the plastic tray while in their crate, but is rather that than them getting sick. They do have a huge dog pillow each that they can lay on if we are with them in the same room so they can be supervised, if they start to chew on them. I have heard the Cooleroo bed is chew proof and comfortable for dogs, and also the Kong mats.

OP
S

SpikeS

Oct 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
Thanks for the input. I ordered the primo bed. If that fails going to try the coolaroo style beds then giving up and using nothing!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I got my dogs a Coolaroo bed about 6 months ago. They have always had stuffed beds, but I thought I'd see how they liked it. They love it! I got a large, so they could all get on at once, if they wanted too. They wrestle and play on it, roll on it, and really love it. They even dig on it! It is also a good shedding tool, because when they roll on it, you will find a pile of hair under it! It stay clean, but you could take it outside and hose it off. So far, it's pretty tough, and I think it is good. The cheapest place I have seen it is on Jeffers.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online