Norm update, jinxed us, a question, and missed y'all!

Mar 19, 2013
Country
Good old US of A
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman(RIP) & Jenkins
Well it's been a while since I've posted. I've been reading sporadically but everything has been so crazy with the holidays etc...
I missed everyone!! Now for the jinx....just when I was thinking things were going so great with Norm, his eye was better, the flea bite skin reaction was better, all was well in Norm Land. The booger went and scratched his eye again!!:evil:

So big question now.... has anyone had their EB's dew claws removed?? Can they do it with a local and not have to be put under completely???

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Never had it done, but they most likely would have to put him under to do that, I am guessing.

keystnlabs

Dec 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Agatha Gump
Had Agatha Gump's dewclaws removed when she was spayed @ approx. 6 months. I would suspect that a general would be used as opposed to a local. Good luck!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well it's been a while since I've posted. I've been reading sporadically but everything has been so crazy with the holidays etc...
I missed everyone!! Now for the jinx....just when I was thinking things were going so great with Norm, his eye was better, the flea bite skin reaction was better, all was well in Norm Land. The booger went and scratched his eye again!!:evil:

So big question now.... has anyone had their EB's dew claws removed?? Can they do it with a local and not have to be put under completely???

Good to see you! I think that's right they would have to put him under. I hope it all works out for Norm.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
So very sorry Norm has scratched his eye again, so frustrating, worrisome
and expensive! I believe they are put under to remove the dew claws, talk
to the vet and get a detailed explanation of ALL it entails, including recovery
time. Good to see you and praying his eye heals asap. GOD bless (t)

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
I was told by my our vet that after a certain age the cartilage becomes to hard to simply clip them off as they do when they are younger. I would call the vet for sure but I think he would have to be put under. Poor norm time for some booties lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey... welcome back!

sorry about his eye, hope it heals up quickly.... not sure on the dew claws I know of pups having it done, but I thing it is a fully sedation

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online