How many times do you bath your bully

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber and Ruby get a bath about every six months. They just got a bath two weeks ago and they had not had a bath since June 2013. Mine don't stink; they get their tail pockets cleaned at least three times a week and I spruce them up with a lavender spray I make for them. They get the lavender spritzer once a week. They don't get any type of grain at all so I don't have a yeast problem and during the summer I dip them with a lemon, vinegar dip to make sure they don't have any build up of any kind. They always smell lavender fresh. Their blankets get washed twice a week too so that probably helps the situation.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
No more than once a month often less. Ace's skin znd coat seem better with less baths. When he was puppy up to about 4 or 5 months I was bathing him weely and he had more skin issues. The smell, other than the day of the bath and maybe a day or so more, the smell is the same

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
If their face and ears are kept clean and also maybe underparts then bulldogs smell good. At least Ace does. Anyway thats what I tell my wife but I dont think she is buying

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
If their face and ears are kept clean and also maybe underparts then bulldogs smell good. At least Ace does. Anyway thats what I tell my wife but I dont think she is buying

You're right, she's not buying it!

Like [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] said, the furniture and just my whole place starts to smell like dog, even if himself doesn't smell. I dunno, even when his allergies are fine, I bath him every few weeks.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We bath Bulldozer and Blossom once every two weeks, and we take them to the groomer every 4 to 6 weeks to have their teeth cleaned and nails trimmed.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I bathe 2-3 times a year, of course paws get washed more often.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
When Raven was a pup the baths were roughly once a week sometimes a bit more depending on what type of mischief she had gotten up to. Now that Raven is two, I find that she can go a month or so, depending on if it the weather has been funky out. I do tend to wipe her girly bits and bum daily.

Last edited:

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I havnt really got a bathing schedule with Meeko. I do it when his white furr starts to look dirty/yellow tint or if he smells stinky. I probably do it every 6-8 weeks xx

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Amber and Ruby get a bath about every six months. They just got a bath two weeks ago and they had not had a bath since June 2013. Mine don't stink; they get their tail pockets cleaned at least three times a week and I spruce them up with a lavender spray I make for them. They get the lavender spritzer once a week. They don't get any type of grain at all so I don't have a yeast problem and during the summer I dip them with a lemon, vinegar dip to make sure they don't have any build up of any kind. They always smell lavender fresh. Their blankets get washed twice a week too so that probably helps the situation.

Can you please share your formula for the lavender spritz and the lemon dip (chuckling here because it sounds like food)? I would love to try them.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Right now, unfortunately, I'm having to give Bocephus baths almost every other day - trying to use minimal soap to keep his skin from drying out. Once we can get past the "peeing in the crate and then laying in it", phase the bathing will be cut back. His legs are white so he shows mud and other dirtiness

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
We bathe Koozer every other week or every three weeks. He loves his baths and his skin seems to do just fine with regular bathing.

tcgurlie

Jan 17, 2014
Artemis gets a bath every 3 days:) she lives for water:))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online