Meanwhile in Wisconsin...

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Any one have any advice/tips/suggestions on what I can do to keep Brynn occupied and less bored? It is like -50 outside here in Wisconsin, and this lovely polar vortex thing we have going on is starting to set in with lots of boredum… a bully can only sleep so much. Anything you guys do that keeps them entertained? Brynn won't even go into the yard to pee anymore…. she refuses to walk off the deck… thankfully there is snow there so I can push shovel it all off my deck, lol. So ready for summer time!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Meanwhile in Wisconsin….

Stag bars are brilliant - pretty much indestructible chews, just 100% deer antler.
The Kong Wobblers are great too - requires the dog to bat them with their paws .Normal kongs are great time killer too -reduce food intake if you planning to fill them up
We also play fetch with girls favourite balls as well as "find" -by hiding smelly treats around the house .Also, plastic bottles -without tops (providing the dog isn't a big chewer is supervised ) give my girls hours of fun

Last edited by a moderator:

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Re: Meanwhile in Wisconsin….

when the weather is yucky we go to pet friendly stores! We'll do a few laps around Home Depot and and a few laps around petsmart!! He gets to walk, lots of attention, and some treats!! Needless to say he likes those days, feels like quite a hunk!!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel

when the weather is yucky we go to pet friendly stores! We'll do a few laps around Home Depot and and a few laps around petsmart!! He gets to walk, lots of attention, and some treats!! Needless to say he likes those days, feels like quite a hunk!!
That is such a great idea!!! I've been wondering how to wear Ruthie out lately cause it's cold here too and we can't get outside for our walk. And she loves car rides!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

We like to play "hide and go seek" in the house w/the dogs… usually this involves two people, one to hold the dog and the other to hide!!! It's actually a lot of fun because of course it only takes the doggies a minute to find us… LOL Usually the kids are giggling so it makes it easier… :giggle:

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk

That is such a great idea!!! I've been wondering how to wear Ruthie out lately cause it's cold here too and we can't get outside for our walk. And she loves car rides!
in that case some other stores around here that are pet friendly, so you can ask about store policy in your area include Bed Bath and Beyond, Micheal's craft stores, Lowes, and 5below! Yes, I take my dog just about everywhere! but he's better behaived than most children in the stores, and I ask very politely, many stores don't mind at all!!good luck!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel

in that case some other stores around here that are pet friendly, so you can ask about store policy in your area include Bed Bath and Beyond, Micheal's craft stores, Lowes, and 5below! Yes, I take my dog just about everywhere! but he's better behaived than most children in the stores, and I ask very politely, many stores don't mind at all!!good luck!

We do lowes, Home Depot and pet smart, never knew about bbb and michaels...good to know cause I'm always there. Lol. Thank you. I try to take her everywhere but I know some stores aren't tolerant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

As Pati suggested, Kong wobble, use it for meals... Works great. And, marrow bones or suture peanut butter frozen bones... Lots of energy burned with those

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans

Amen sister! I know what you are talking about! Our weather sucks! We have been playing lots of ball, learning tricks, hide and seek, tag you name it anything to keep him busy works for me lol

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee

Wow! I never even knew you could take your dogs to Home Depot, Bed Bath and Beyond, or anywhere like that. I take Brynn to Pet World, Mounds or where ever we go, but Home Depot and what not is much bigger. I will have to ask our local store about that! She is also extremely calm and behaved better than kids so wouldn't be an issue I would think. I do take her on rides, but she looks bored with that too. I will go pick up some of the toys/bones you all mentioned - I have a treat ball she pushes around too, but with out the exercise I feel like she really is just eating more, lol.

I am impatiently waiting for spring… even if it means mud puddles and a dirty bulldog. I can't take much more snow/bitter cold! Lol.

Thanks everyone!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

I feel really bad for you guys in Wisconsin… we have -9 this morning, but what is Wisconsin now at -50?!! We lived in Alaska years ago, and the coldest we ever saw was -71… it was SO damn cold the inside of our car had an inch layer of ice on the floorboards!!! We had to keep it plugged in overnight so the engine would start up… SMH :coldout:

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee

I feel really bad for you guys in Wisconsin… we have -9 this morning, but what is Wisconsin now at -50?!! We lived in Alaska years ago, and the coldest we ever saw was -71… it was SO damn cold the inside of our car had an inch layer of ice on the floorboards!!! We had to keep it plugged in overnight so the engine would start up… SMH :coldout:

Today I think they mentioned it could get up to -50, but things change so quickly! Everything is closed around here though! Brynn and I are being lazy today lol! My cousin actually lives in Alaska and was saying it was 50 there yesterday - not fair what so ever! I could not even imagine -71 that's just insane!!! I couldn't even imagine that…. I miss my flip flops!

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly

It 32 and raining this morning here in Houston. Most of the city is pretty much shut down today, we can not handle winter weather at all. We think ice is something that is in our freezer! :rofl:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.