Real Name
    Amber
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brynnlee
    Likes (Received)

Default Meanwhile in Wisconsin...

Any one have any advice/tips/suggestions on what I can do to keep Brynn occupied and less bored? It is like -50 outside here in Wisconsin, and this lovely polar vortex thing we have going on is starting to set in with lots of boredum… a bully can only sleep so much. Anything you guys do that keeps them entertained? Brynn won't even go into the yard to pee anymore…. she refuses to walk off the deck… thankfully there is snow there so I can push shovel it all off my deck, lol. So ready for summer time!
    Last edited by Ftse 100; 02-05-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Whoever said diamonds were a girl's best friend has never owned a bulldog <3

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Meanwhile in Wisconsin….

Stag bars are brilliant - pretty much indestructible chews, just 100% deer antler.
    The Kong Wobblers are great too - requires the dog to bat them with their paws .Normal kongs are great time killer too -reduce food intake if you planning to fill them up
    We also play fetch with girls favourite balls as well as "find" -by hiding smelly treats around the house .Also, plastic bottles -without tops (providing the dog isn't a big chewer is supervised ) give my girls hours of fun
    Last edited by Ftse 100; 02-05-2014 at 04:50 PM.
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Real Name
    Alison
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Meanwhile in Wisconsin….

when the weather is yucky we go to pet friendly stores! We'll do a few laps around Home Depot and and a few laps around petsmart!! He gets to walk, lots of attention, and some treats!! Needless to say he likes those days, feels like quite a hunk!!
    ♡ All you really need in life is a snack and a snuggle ♡

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by truffle shuffle View Post
    when the weather is yucky we go to pet friendly stores! We'll do a few laps around Home Depot and and a few laps around petsmart!! He gets to walk, lots of attention, and some treats!! Needless to say he likes those days, feels like quite a hunk!!
    That is such a great idea!!! I've been wondering how to wear Ruthie out lately cause it's cold here too and we can't get outside for our walk. And she loves car rides!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

We like to play "hide and go seek" in the house w/the dogs… usually this involves two people, one to hold the dog and the other to hide!!! It's actually a lot of fun because of course it only takes the doggies a minute to find us… LOL Usually the kids are giggling so it makes it easier…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Alison
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JennieS View Post
    That is such a great idea!!! I've been wondering how to wear Ruthie out lately cause it's cold here too and we can't get outside for our walk. And she loves car rides!
    in that case some other stores around here that are pet friendly, so you can ask about store policy in your area include Bed Bath and Beyond, Micheal's craft stores, Lowes, and 5below! Yes, I take my dog just about everywhere! but he's better behaived than most children in the stores, and I ask very politely, many stores don't mind at all!!good luck!
    ♡ All you really need in life is a snack and a snuggle ♡

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by truffle shuffle View Post
    in that case some other stores around here that are pet friendly, so you can ask about store policy in your area include Bed Bath and Beyond, Micheal's craft stores, Lowes, and 5below! Yes, I take my dog just about everywhere! but he's better behaived than most children in the stores, and I ask very politely, many stores don't mind at all!!good luck!
    We do lowes, Home Depot and pet smart, never knew about bbb and michaels...good to know cause I'm always there. Lol. Thank you. I try to take her everywhere but I know some stores aren't tolerant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

As Pati suggested, Kong wobble, use it for meals... Works great. And, marrow bones or suture peanut butter frozen bones... Lots of energy burned with those
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Amen sister! I know what you are talking about! Our weather sucks! We have been playing lots of ball, learning tricks, hide and seek, tag you name it anything to keep him busy works for me lol
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Real Name
    Amber
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brynnlee
    Likes (Received)

Wow! I never even knew you could take your dogs to Home Depot, Bed Bath and Beyond, or anywhere like that. I take Brynn to Pet World, Mounds or where ever we go, but Home Depot and what not is much bigger. I will have to ask our local store about that! She is also extremely calm and behaved better than kids so wouldn't be an issue I would think. I do take her on rides, but she looks bored with that too. I will go pick up some of the toys/bones you all mentioned - I have a treat ball she pushes around too, but with out the exercise I feel like she really is just eating more, lol.

I am impatiently waiting for spring… even if it means mud puddles and a dirty bulldog. I can't take much more snow/bitter cold! Lol.

Thanks everyone!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I feel really bad for you guys in Wisconsin… we have -9 this morning, but what is Wisconsin now at -50?!! We lived in Alaska years ago, and the coldest we ever saw was -71… it was SO damn cold the inside of our car had an inch layer of ice on the floorboards!!! We had to keep it plugged in overnight so the engine would start up… SMH

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Amber
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brynnlee
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I feel really bad for you guys in Wisconsin… we have -9 this morning, but what is Wisconsin now at -50?!! We lived in Alaska years ago, and the coldest we ever saw was -71… it was SO damn cold the inside of our car had an inch layer of ice on the floorboards!!! We had to keep it plugged in overnight so the engine would start up… SMH
    Today I think they mentioned it could get up to -50, but things change so quickly! Everything is closed around here though! Brynn and I are being lazy today lol! My cousin actually lives in Alaska and was saying it was 50 there yesterday - not fair what so ever! I could not even imagine -71 that's just insane!!! I couldn't even imagine that…. I miss my flip flops!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads