Wheezing, vomiting and shaking

benjibabies3

May 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sassy and Dozer
Our 1 year old, Sassy, is not feeling well. It all started this morning and I'm worried about my baby. She's wheezing, shaking and she vomited yellow bile with a tiny amount of blood. She is lethargic and won't drink. I've given her 5ml's of water and will continue doing that every 30 minutes. The closet emergency vet is 3 hours away and honestly, I don't have the funds for an emergency doctor. What can I do to help her until I can get her in to her vet Monday? I might add that she broke out in a rash under her arm last week after I gave her pumpkin, could this be contributed to that? She was fine other than a itchy rash that I had meds from her vet for. Any advise to help make my baby girl feel better? Please don't bash me for not being able to take her to the emergency vet, I feel bad enough already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Have you taken her temperature? If she is shaking, sounds like she either has a temp-or she is in pain, or both. Is there any possibility that she swallowed something that she should not have? I personally have never heard of a reaction to pumpkin like that.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Get her to a regular vet ASAP! She has too many symptoms. I wouldn't even know what to recommend.
There must be another vet that's open today. I'd find one and take her in.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:hug2:Hi, absolutely no bashing here, we've all been in that situation at one time or another, and we know how much you love your baby and want the best for her. Could she have eaten something that she shouldn't have that you don't know about? My Dozer has eaten sweat socks on 4 occasions, and I always know when he starts to vomit, has diarrhea, or drools from his mouth that he has eaten something. He's always been able to pass them by either throwing them up, or pooping them out. Could she have eaten an object like a piece of hard toy, or a stuffed toy? Is anything missing? They are so quick, and can eat things that you would never know about until they get sick. Is your vet not open today? Maybe you can call another local vets office in your area that is open today and they could check her out, instead of going to an Emergency vets office. Keep an eye on her, and please keep us posted on how she's doing. Sending love, hugs and prayers that it's nothing serious and Sassy is okay. I'm so sorry you're going through this with Sassy, it's such a worry when they are sick.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
In my personal opinion this situation can NOT wait till Monday… she needs to be seen today!!! She could be having a reaction to the meds that were given to her...

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I would really try to find a vet in your area open today, just go through the phone book.

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Oh yeah she needs to see the vet , so sorry your baby is I'll hope she is better soon

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our 1 year old, Sassy, is not feeling well. It all started this morning and I'm worried about my baby. She's wheezing, shaking and she vomited yellow bile with a tiny amount of blood. She is lethargic and won't drink. I've given her 5ml's of water and will continue doing that every 30 minutes. The closet emergency vet is 3 hours away and honestly, I don't have the funds for an emergency doctor. What can I do to help her until I can get her in to her vet Monday? I might add that she broke out in a rash under her arm last week after I gave her pumpkin, could this be contributed to that? She was fine other than a itchy rash that I had meds from her vet for. Any advise to help make my baby girl feel better? Please don't bash me for not being able to take her to the emergency vet, I feel bad enough already.

no bashing allowed here.... where do you live? are her ears cold or warm?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
There is no judgement here at EBN. I agree with everyone, she needs to be seen today. If you can't find a regular vet call the emergency vet and see if you could set up payments or something. I'm sure they will work with you. Please keep us updated on Sassy's progress.

OP
benjibabies3

benjibabies3

May 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sassy and Dozer
Thank you all so much! After calling all the local vets and having 2 refer me to the emergency vet, we scrounged up the money and took her up there. It ended up being a 1 1/2 hour drive to this one, so the drive wasn't as long as I expected. Anywho, I didn't get an actual diagnosis but she got a "camel back" of fluids, anti-neusea pills and an antibiotic. She had a temp of 103 and I was told that if she isn't doing better in a few days to take her to her normal vet and have an X-ray done to rule out pneumonia. The vet didn't seem to concerned which made me a little uneasy but hopefully these medications will perk my Sassy girl back up. Thank you again for your concerns and kindness. If anything changed I'll be sure to update.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thank you all so much! After calling all the local vets and having 2 refer me to the emergency vet, we scrounged up the money and took her up there. It ended up being a 1 1/2 hour drive to this one, so the drive wasn't as long as I expected. Anywho, I didn't get an actual diagnosis but she got a "camel back" of fluids, anti-neusea pills and an antibiotic. She had a temp of 103 and I was told that if she isn't doing better in a few days to take her to her normal vet and have an X-ray done to rule out pneumonia. The vet didn't seem to concerned which made me a little uneasy but hopefully these medications will perk my Sassy girl back up. Thank you again for your concerns and kindness. If anything changed I'll be sure to update.

So glad to hear it… I sure hope that Sassy starts to feeling better, please keep us posted on her progress!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Please keep us updated.... sounds like she has a cold! poor girl.... hugs to you all

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks for the update.
Hopefully it's nothing serious and she starts to feel better soon.

Please keep us posted.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I hope your baby will feel better soon xxxx

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.