Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Just wanted to let you guys know what is going on with my adopted bully Mickey. I purchased an Embrace Accident and Wellness policy for Mickey because he was having some kidney issues. Mickey's history is unknown because he was found as a stray and turned into the adoption agency. I have had him for three months and his kidneys are now clean. He is on a supplement and special food to keep his kidney's clean. The insurance company will not cover any of this cost because it is considered a "history" problem. With him being 9 years old and a stray (for who knows how long), I had hoped that they would cover some of it, but it is not to be. If Mickey had been younger and his history was known, maybe they would have. Other than this they have been very nice and also very thorough. :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Oh, another excuse from an Ins. Co.! What a surprise. Glad your baby is doing better, though.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Oh no!!! I remember with one of my Polish insurence policies when i had adopted a dog from a shelter -i made sure i took the dog to vet for full mot and a clean bill of health -i cant remember what was exactly wrong with the dog but they refused to pay -i faxed them his "clean bill of health" and they had to pay up
Its wrong that as a dog owners and customers that pay premiums we have to go to extreme lengths to get insurance companies to pay up
Now before i make any decision before i insure an adopted dog i phone the company and ask them to send me in writing that if dog got clean bill of health they will cover anything that goes wrong xxx

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I just signed up with Embrace Insurance yesterday for my new puppy. I'm really really hoping it will work out well. I'm so glad to hear Mickey is doing well, you're such a special person to take in and love an older bulldog with health issues to boot!

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
most insurance will not cover pre-existing....i have embrace and have had no issues with them. The couple times I have had to use them and submitted a claim they have been great....they email as soon as they get the claim and let me know what is going on. I have had it since Jameson was 4 months old and he is 6 years old now....

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Glad to hear Mickey is doing well , but sorry to hear about the ins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hiya: so gald to hear Mickey is doing so well... thanks for the update and for taking him in and giving him a loving home

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
You're an angel for taking Mickey! Glad he's better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.