Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I would growl too if I was woken from a nice, deep sleep! :bitching:

You got good advice already. Just thinking that Kevin was scared/startled from the wake-up call and he's doing what dogs do when they're scared--trying to protect themselves. You could even go as far as giving him a tiny treat when you gently wake him up, or put the treat under his nose as he's waking up so he will associate something positive with waking up.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
HOLY CRAP.... why can I not see this handsome devil's picture!!! :hissy: :hissy: :hissy: :shout: :shout: :shout: I am on a PC so it is not an iPad thingy.

I agree with others... call his name, rub something over him or place a treat in front of his nose to slowly wake him up

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Um sorry he is mine and I will fight you for him!!! lol

No, no.... I asked for him first, i have dibs!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
All the bully babies on this site I would take them all :):)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
OK OK fair is fair, you did say it first, I'm next in line then. :yes:

Ferget fair...I'm going all out for this prize!

You only git 'fair' warning I'm gonna put a Whoop A$$ on every one of you.

Come here, Kevin...Momma's taking you home <3

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Daisy did this for a long time. Shes ten months old now. The best thing for us was to some how wake her up another way. I.e turn on a light, ask her if she wanted a treat, or shake the box of treats....She would come running. She has grown out of it. So there is hope lol

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack

OMG [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] , [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] is gunna kick our butts!!! This is a whole new side of her :evil: what happened to our EBN :angelgirl:

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Honestly, at 12 weeks, he's JUST learning that biting is painful and not to behave that way. He's just a baby, he can't control his emotions very well. It's just like a cranky toddler. As he gets older, he will mellow out. Matilda was the same way - she was ruthless and didn't understand that teething on PEOPLE is painful and not okay. They grow out of it. Just keep doing what you're doing. In the meantime, keep your kids from waking him up. And try to wake him up with sounds - calling his name, making noise, etc, instead of touching him.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG @2BullyMama , @Texas Carol is gunna kick our butts!!! This is a whole new side of her :evil: what happened to our EBN :angelgirl:

Rut-ro. Now we are in so deep. :poo: Hey Rosalie, I will distract her, you run with him and we can have joint custody. :up:

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
A quick update on this...

i have doubled the locks on my house. If he ever goes missing i know where to look! ( @2BullyMama @Texas Carol @brutus77 :no:)
I also had a *DOH* moment... We had been babysitting one of Kevin's sisters for a few days and i don't think he's been getting all of his naps in ( :facepalm:). Once his sister went home and he was back onto his normal schedule he hasn't been 'as grumpy' waking up at night. He still growls & mumbles but he hasn't gone all kujo on anybody since.

I'll keep working on making waking up a fun thing (aka.. 'ive got cheese curds!!') and keep the 6 foot pole handy just in case.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
A quick update on this...

i have doubled the locks on my house. If he ever goes missing i know where to look! ( @2BullyMama @Texas Carol @brutus77 :no:)
I also had a *DOH* moment... We had been babysitting one of Kevin's sisters for a few days and i don't think he's been getting all of his naps in ( :facepalm:). Once his sister went home and he was back onto his normal schedule he hasn't been 'as grumpy' waking up at night. He still growls & mumbles but he hasn't gone all kujo on anybody since.

I'll keep working on making waking up a fun thing (aka.. 'ive got cheese curds!!') and keep the 6 foot pole handy just in case.

That makes sense. When we first got our rescue Frankie, we noticed that Brutus was really out of sorts and I realized that they were playing all the time and Brutus wasn't getting his nap time which you have found out = beast dog!! For a couple of days we just put Brutus in his crate for a nap and he has since gotten used to it and is back to being a perfect angel....:whistle:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@TheLost, [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]...I knew there had to be a good reason,
adorable Kevin was a lil grumpy. And, I'd not really fight with my girls, we'd
figure out a way to share him ;)

Seriously...I'd put him in print advertising & TV...the movies...he's got 'the look'.
Earning his own money might brighten his mood, Dad, and sure help on buying
cheese curls!

Be sure and give Kevin big smoochies from me & Cami, we are smitten, big time!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.