agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Does any of you guys use clx-wipes to clean the wrinkles, tail pocket and the like ?
I went to my vets 5 or 6 weeks a go for wormers and a vet I hadn't seen before started petting diesel. He asked what I used to clean the wrinkles with and highly recommended these wipes. He said it's got an anti yeast product in it and said it's the best on the market to clean the bulldog with.
It does a fantastic job however when diesel sees my with the wipes he runs, something he never done before.

Does anyone use them ?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Never heard of them, did you buy them from the vet??

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Does any of you guys use clx-wipes to clean the wrinkles, tail pocket and the like ?
I went to my vets 5 or 6 weeks a go for wormers and a vet I hadn't seen before started petting diesel. He asked what I used to clean the wrinkles with and highly recommended these wipes. He said it's got an anti yeast product in it and said it's the best on the market to clean the bulldog with.
It does a fantastic job however when diesel sees my with the wipes he runs, something he never done before.

Does anyone use them ?

Are they Chlorhexidine wipes?[h=1][/h]

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
If he was referring to chlorohexidine wipes then yes. We make our own for Harlea.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
If he was referring to chlorohexidine wipes then yes. We make our own for Harlea.

What are they or better yet, what is it?? I use witch hazel on Vegas face and tail pocket and he seems to do fine with it.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
What are they or better yet, what is it?? I use witch hazel on Vegas face and tail pocket and he seems to do fine with it.

It is an antibacterial solution that works on gram positive and gram negative bacterias and is also good for wound, rash and light cleaning care. It is also an astringent so it does not stay moist for long. Plus It is also one of the main ingredients in Duoxo pads which is why we just bought a gallon off of Amazon and make our own pads now as a gallon of chlorohexidine isn't much more expensive than a 30 count jar of Duoxo pads.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We use the Duoxo pads on Buster and he does wonderful on them.

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
It is an antibacterial solution that works on gram positive and gram negative bacterias and is also good for wound, rash and light cleaning care. It is also an astringent so it does not stay moist for long. Plus It is also one of the main ingredients in Duoxo pads which is why we just bought a gallon off of Amazon and make our own pads now as a gallon of chlorohexidine isn't much more expensive than a 30 count jar of Duoxo pads.

Oh??? going to Amazon right now, although the witch hazel does work on Vegas, do you use it in Harlea's ears, to flush them??

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Oh??? going to Amazon right now, although the witch hazel does work on Vegas, do you use it in Harlea's ears, to flush them??

No we do not use it as an ear flush but we do use it on a pad to cl3an them out.

Littleeagle

Jul 28, 2011
TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Baxter
@Marine91. Do you just use paper towels to make your own pads or something else?

Last edited by a moderator:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
@Marine91. Do you just use paper towels to make your own pads or something else?

We make our own pads using the cotton makeup pads. Only place it would burn is if you get in their eyes so be careful wiping face wrinkles.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)

I just saw this-Duoxo pads are v.expensive in uk -can i use it for lilly wrinkles ,tears stains etc?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I just saw this-Duoxo pads are v.expensive in uk -can i use it for lilly wrinkles ,tears stains etc?

That's what we use it for Pati and it works just fine on Harlea. I couldn't justify the cost for the Duoxo pads in my head after I found out that chlorohexidine was the ingredient and you can get a gallon that will last a year or longer for just a bit more in cost.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Fantastic - i will order it now :-)
So far shes ok with water and cloth but its good to have something antibacterial for a once a week wipe ;-)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.