dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Hello everyone!

Bifi's real snow was a couple of days ago (snow came to us very late. we're experiencing the warmest winter for the past century). I always thought he's white but against those snow his real color showed...he's yellow! LOL. How do you keep those white fur white? I do "spongebath" him everynight with wipes (but not since it snowed). I also don't want to give him a bath because drying him in this temperature would be a challenge. It'll take forever to dry him with towels. I don't wanna risk him getting sick either. He is terrified of the blowdrier. Any ideas, suggestions please? Thank you very much in advance.

Here are a couple of Bifi's pictures playing outside in the snow and loving it. You cannot see that he's jaundice from those pictures tho :D.
2014-01-21 14.16.59.jpg2014-01-21 14.08.56.jpg

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Hahaha we have the same problem too. Put on a jacket so you don't see? :rofl:

Maybe it's me but sometimes I think he looks cleaner after a good brushing.

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
He pooped in his jacket LOL it's in the bathroom right now waiting for my husband to be washed LOL

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Sadly as its seem to rain here for past few months -we wipe our girls after every walk and bath them when i cant get away with a wipe -roll on summer xx

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
Yellow ?!?!? He ain't yellow!! Google " polar bears yellow fur" , you'll find plenty of information on this...

Susie

Jul 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Howie
I have a 98 percent white EB. And he is outside playing in the snow, he looks off white and he gets bath at least once every two months. And in the Spring, summer and fall he gets once a month bath. We don't let him out after bath til he's completely dry. Besides, he's 99 percent inside dog. So it's normal, at least, from my point that my EB is not "snow white". There are many different white.

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Yellow ?!?!? He ain't yellow!! Google " polar bears yellow fur" , you'll find plenty of information on this...
[MENTION=8541]Daphnee[/MENTION] he IS yellow lol. As i said it's hard to tell from the pictures. And he is afterall an indoor boy so i want to keep him white as his true color ;)

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I find Meeko's furr looks yellow when he is due a bath too so your not on your own :lol:
In the past iv used a shampoo made for white dogs (cant think of the name sorry!) It was sold and reccommended in my local groomers but I havnt used it for a while. It did work though until he rolled in the mud again xx

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Molly 'yellows' over time.. I like to think of it as natures bath alarm. We give her a bath about every other month and she's back to her white-ish color.

We use a shampoo that was recommend on this forum. I'll look at it tonight and get the name.. but its super gentle on bulldog skin. As for bathing in cold weather, we do it all the time. We just don't let them go outside before they are dry (This is easier for EB's then some long hair breeds :D )

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Molly 'yellows' over time.. I like to think of it as natures bath alarm. We give her a bath about every other month and she's back to her white-ish color. As for bathing in cold weather, we do it all the time. We just don't let them go outside before they are dry (This is easier for EB's then some long hair breeds :D )

We do the exact same thing with Banks... as soon as I sse a yellowish tinit... bath time and she is nice and white again

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.