cmstone

Jan 22, 2014
t-town
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rorschach
IMG_9091.jpg
This is Rory, he is about 8 months at 60lbs. He doesnt look like an EB but the research ive done says that he may be an EB that is missing a dwarf gene? so hes not as compressed and standard looking. He is not akc but it was worth the $400 just to have a dog with this type of look, pure bred or not. has anybody elses EB gone through an awkward phase and looked like this? is it just a matter of time for him to fill out, or is he legitimately different? either way i love him obviously. I'm just very curious.​

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Rory looks 100% to me, up the first year, out the second year and done by the third. And WOW $400 dollars??!!!!!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
The first year they grow up and some look quite lanky. Years 2 and 3 are where they grow out. However, he looks like a bit of OEB to me.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I believe a lot of bullies, if not most go through a lank stage where they look like a completely diff breed..like a boxer or olde english bully. That might be what is going on w yours. He looks like an EB or OEB to me. And I agree w @KMARINO $400? ...Wow! Lol you got a good deal!

Last edited:

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
He's gorgeous! He reminds me of my sisters old english bulldog. Same bulldog face but taller and not as thick.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is a handsome boy, and could be mixed with Olde English. Their snoot is just a little longer than English, plus they are larger.

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Chunk is also long and on the skinny side at 60lbs he's only 1 1/2 so still some filling out to do!! He's a healthy boy, and Rory looks like a beautiful healthy boy too!!! Just like people they come in different shapes and sizes!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi and :welcome3: to EBN!!

How old is he? They all tend to go through a 'lanky' stage... I agree with David, looks like he might have some OEB

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Rory's very handsome! OEB or maybe some American Bulldog in him (?) Either way, yes they go thru that "lanky" phase at around Rory's age. Love his name…that is my boy Tate's middle name :)

:welcome3: to EBN!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
judging by his long snout i could be a bit of American bully in him -nerveless hes a handsome boy xx

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Such a Handsome Boy if you look at my Shelly bean you will see he also has longer legs and longer snout than is standard the vet says he wishes all EB's were like Sheldon less allergies easier breathing and more athletic. Sheldon is two and still filling out he is a lean 60lbs. At 8 months your baby Rory still has a lot of filling out to do they all go through that lanky awkward looking phase I think. He sure is handsome give him loves from me and a high paw from Sheldon.

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
He's a handsome boy and really all that matters is that he's yours. I too have heard they go through a lanky stage. Daisy is 11 months & hasn't become lanky yet. But I guess they come in all shapes & sizes.

Gigi Girl

Oct 23, 2013
Rhode Island
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gia
He may be an Old English. My dog is half EB And half OEB and she is a little taller and leaner then EB but shorter then American.
he3yze2a.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Im with some of the others, I think he kinda looks like hes got some American bulldog in him! A total cutie pie...

Most Reactions