Behavior question

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Hey guys,

been a couple months since I posted. Now we are through the holidays and our move I h e more time to lurk and post. I have a question. Duke is now 10 months and duchess is 22 months. Questions is when I take them out to potty duke will go both and then duchess will go both and duke watches her and its almost if he gets angry that she is going potty because he tries to bite her neck and has even growled at her. Any suggestions? Ideas why he is doing this? They are both intact if that makes a difference.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm NOT an expert on this, but I'm just wondering if he was trying to "mark" over where she has gone… I have seen males do this, and honestly they could PEE all day long!!! LOL I will tag some members to get their take on this...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow, never heard of that at all..... Is it just recent behavior? Could Duchess be in heat?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds like he is playing with her, if you don't want him to do this, then tell him NO, or leash him when he is out, until he stops.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] I'm leaning towards the playing side too.
Tried to take some photos tonigjt- they were both too tired and wouldn't cooperate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 129

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
i just saw this thread -i agree with Davith - my two are going potty in my backyard separately as otherwise they end up charging at each other -play time -and least i want is them running into their own poos at full speed :)

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
I currently don't have a fence so have a 25' for my Bulldog Kain and a 25' for my Mastiff Boxer, both go out at the same time, and right back in. I'm suspecting if you think it's a dominance issue or anything you want to correct you could step up the pack leader by putting them on a leash, making them sit before going out, sit before coming in, enter AFTER you, at feeding let the one that is being bit or attacked on eat first and really throw a wrench into the dominate personality.

With all that said, you MUST believe you are the pack leader, show them in your energy (no voice needed) etc, best to nip any behavior you don't like in the Butt right away and a leash even at 25' will really give you that control you need when they are outside.

Hope that helps, Sorry for the late reply got hit with H1N1 and been bed ridden and sick for like 20 days.
Vince

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.