Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I have tried not to leave plastic bags on the floor but it's hard when I go shopping, get the bags and kids in. Turn around and I can smell wee. I cannot believe he's done it on my rugby bag, he's trying to tell me I am to old I think. Lol

Its frustrating as he's one of the best dogs I have had. Potty training was easy for him. But I am at a loss
hmm, that is frustrating. I'm sry about your bag. Are you cleaning everything you are not tossing out w something like natures miracle? You have to make sure to use a product that breaks down the pee enzymes so the smell isn't there for them. I understand having the issue of multitasking. Is he is a crate when you are not home?

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
When it's on a plastic bag I toss it out and clean the floor. It can happen anywhere I have a bag.
He has a crate in the utility room but I never lock the door. He's free to do as he pleases.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I don't know how to solve your problem,other than putting bags UP, but there must be something about plastic>> my niece has a cat, that will pee on anything plastic-grocery bags, carry on bags, anything like that,also,that has plastic on it. They may have a certain scent. I know the cheap plastic flip-flops(the transparent kind) smell like skunk to me! I do refrain from peeing on them.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Diesel is so adorable I want to grab his face and give him muzzies!!! I don't know how to help as I have never experienced this particular problem accept to pray that it gets resolved but its a great thought about your "rat" LOL...Its entirely possible that he is weeing on the bags and Diesel is simply saying uh uh I'm the big dog here.

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I don't know how to solve your problem,other than putting bags UP, but there must be something about plastic>> my niece has a cat, that will pee on anything plastic-grocery bags, carry on bags, anything like that,also,that has plastic on it. They may have a certain scent. I know the cheap plastic flip-flops(the transparent kind) smell like skunk to me! I do refrain from peeing on them.

( good girl ) lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Thank you, sir bowing.jpgYou are very Kind!!:yes:

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
First.. Great looking Bulldog!

Second.. Rugby! Love the game! My oldest boy plays for one of top ranked High School teams here in the states. He has to sit this year out and its killing him! (and me.. i'm going to miss watching the games).

Third.. Are you sure its only bags? Not piles of clothing.. Dog Beds... Blankets... etc? (have you gone around and sniffed everything?) If he's marking his territory he is going to pee on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING! (I had a dog that would pee on people to mark them :whistle:) Where does he normally go pee? I ask because some dogs get into the habit of going potty on certain types of surfaces. I don't know how a plastic bag could remind him of his normal potty 'zone' but you never know.. maybe color or sound?

Or.. he could just be doing it for the heck of it.

Either way, i would set him up to fail. Put a few bags down and wait.. as soon as he goes to do his 'business' stop him and take him outside. Then repeat, repeat, repeat... etc.

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
First.. Great looking Bulldog!

Second.. Rugby! Love the game! My oldest boy plays for one of top ranked High School teams here in the states. He has to sit this year out and its killing him! (and me.. i'm going to miss watching the games).

Third.. Are you sure its only bags? Not piles of clothing.. Dog Beds... Blankets... etc? (have you gone around and sniffed everything?) If he's marking his territory he is going to pee on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING! (I had a dog that would pee on people to mark them :whistle:) Where does he normally go pee? I ask because some dogs get into the habit of going potty on certain types of surfaces. I don't know how a plastic bag could remind him of his normal potty 'zone' but you never know.. maybe color or sound?

Or.. he could just be doing it for the heck of it.

Either way, i would set him up to fail. Put a few bags down and wait.. as soon as he goes to do his 'business' stop him and take him outside. Then repeat, repeat, repeat... etc.

Nailed it!!!!
In the back of the garden there was an old (bouncy castle) diesel used to wee on it until I got rid. I am guessing my rugby bag was a substitute.

Great news rugby is taking off in the USA. I just wish my beloved Scotland was better.

What position does your son play.
J

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Nailed it!!!!
In the back of the garden there was an old (bouncy castle) diesel used to wee on it until I got rid. I am guessing my rugby bag was a substitute.

Great news rugby is taking off in the USA. I just wish my beloved Scotland was better.

What position does your son play.
J

Hopefully you can get him out of the habit :)

My son plays Lock (He's 17 years old and 6'8"). Rugby has been huge in my area since i was young. I don't know if you've heard of the Highland Rugby team here in the U.S (they made a movie about it called 'Forever Strong') but i live in the same area. His club is an offshoot of the Highland team when they broke up.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.