Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Hi All

sorry I have been away for a while but I had a few family problems, I was still reading your posts via tapatalk.

Diesel is 2 in July. 3 months ago he started to wee on plastic bags on the floor. It's progressed to my wife's bags and last night he wee'd all over my rugby bag and boots.

The door has has always been open when he has done this, I never used wee pads so he can't be looking to substitute for that. He knows he's done wrong after the event.

If there's no bags I could leave him for hrs and he wouldn't wee anywhere.
Please help
j

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 150

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hiya: Welcome back.... hope the family issues have settled down.

May have to go back to basics with him as it sounds like he could be impacted by any of the stress in the house and the 'bags' are his focus OR, he wants to claim the bag as his. If you catch him, do a firm no (do not scream to scare him) and get him out the door.

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Defo no stress in the house. He is a health bully. He loves going walks, eating and snoring 🙈
If there's a plastic bag on the work top he does bark really bad at it
ymenybev.jpg

I just can't put my finger on it

hparker37

Feb 13, 2012
Kingwood, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooey
My bulldog is almost 3 & he does the same thing. If there is a pile of clothes on the floor or a towel on the floor he will "mark" them. Drives me crazy! He always does it when I'm not around so I can't exactly discipline him for it. If you find a solution or anything that helps please let me know. I've been told getting him neutered wouldn't help bc it's already like a routine for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Defo no stress in the house. He is a health bully. He loves going walks, eating and snoring 
ymenybev.jpg

OMG -- he is so darn handsome.... look at all those freckles!!! abd the floppy ear!

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Spooky. How old is he?

Does he wee on bags ?? Haha

qagegury.jpg

The thinker. !!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
May have to go back to basics with him as it sounds like he could be impacted by any of the stress in the house and the 'bags' are his focus OR, he wants to claim the bag as his. If you catch him, do a firm no (do not scream to scare him) and get him out the door.

This is great advice. He may just hate them terribly like my Buster, he can't stand them and if Diesel is barking at them I imagine that's got to be what it is. It seems like it's grown to all bags. I don't know what Buster would do if I left bags on the floor, he probably would try to shred them and pee on them. When I switch out the trash bag in the kitchen it's like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde he hates them!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
great advice given , one of my foster dogs done something similar -as to mark "his" property , i would remov the bags and again i agree with advice given back to basics
on a side note he is beautiful !! :luv:

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I have just had a thought. I have a rat
gasa8azy.jpg

Pic enclosed. I wonder if he is (weeing) and diesel is marking his territory over the top.
I ll have to keep my eye on Gucci for a bit and see if he's the instigator

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Defo no stress in the house. He is a health bully. He loves going walks, eating and snoring 
ymenybev.jpg

OMG he is just too cute! Love his freckles and look at that kissable face! No experience w the going on bags so I'm of no help. Only thing I can think of is he is marking them...can you not have any on the floor?

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
OMG he is just too cute! Love his freckles and look at that kissable face! No experience w the going on bags so I'm of no help. Only thing I can think of is he is marking them...can you not have any on the floor?

I have tried not to leave plastic bags on the floor but it's hard when I go shopping, get the bags and kids in. Turn around and I can smell wee. I cannot believe he's done it on my rugby bag, he's trying to tell me I am to old I think. Lol

Its frustrating as he's one of the best dogs I have had. Potty training was easy for him. But I am at a loss

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.