Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My bulldog wee's on bags on the floor

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjj View Post
    Defo no stress in the house. He is a health bully. He loves going walks, eating and snoring 
    If there's a plastic bag on the work top he does bark really bad at it

I just can't put my finger on it
    OMG he is just too cute! Love his freckles and look at that kissable face! No experience w the going on bags so I'm of no help. Only thing I can think of is he is marking them...can you not have any on the floor?

agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lisabear123 View Post
    OMG he is just too cute! Love his freckles and look at that kissable face! No experience w the going on bags so I'm of no help. Only thing I can think of is he is marking them...can you not have any on the floor?
    I have tried not to leave plastic bags on the floor but it's hard when I go shopping, get the bags and kids in. Turn around and I can smell wee. I cannot believe he's done it on my rugby bag, he's trying to tell me I am to old I think. Lol

Its frustrating as he's one of the best dogs I have had. Potty training was easy for him. But I am at a loss

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

I have tried not to leave plastic bags on the floor but it's hard when I go shopping, get the bags and kids in. Turn around and I can smell wee. I cannot believe he's done it on my rugby bag, he's trying to tell me I am to old I think. Lol

Its frustrating as he's one of the best dogs I have had. Potty training was easy for him. But I am at a loss
    hmm, that is frustrating. I'm sry about your bag. Are you cleaning everything you are not tossing out w something like natures miracle? You have to make sure to use a product that breaks down the pee enzymes so the smell isn't there for them. I understand having the issue of multitasking. Is he is a crate when you are not home?

Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

When it's on a plastic bag I toss it out and clean the floor. It can happen anywhere I have a bag.
    He has a crate in the utility room but I never lock the door. He's free to do as he pleases.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

I don't know how to solve your problem,other than putting bags UP, but there must be something about plastic>> my niece has a cat, that will pee on anything plastic-grocery bags, carry on bags, anything like that,also,that has plastic on it. They may have a certain scent. I know the cheap plastic flip-flops(the transparent kind) smell like skunk to me! I do refrain from peeing on them.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Diesel is so adorable I want to grab his face and give him muzzies!!! I don't know how to help as I have never experienced this particular problem accept to pray that it gets resolved but its a great thought about your "rat" LOL...Its entirely possible that he is weeing on the bags and Diesel is simply saying uh uh I'm the big dog here.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    I don't know how to solve your problem,other than putting bags UP, but there must be something about plastic>> my niece has a cat, that will pee on anything plastic-grocery bags, carry on bags, anything like that,also,that has plastic on it. They may have a certain scent. I know the cheap plastic flip-flops(the transparent kind) smell like skunk to me! I do refrain from peeing on them.

( good girl ) lol

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Thank you, sir -bowing-jpgYou are very Kind!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
    Likes (Received)

First.. Great looking Bulldog!

Second.. Rugby! Love the game! My oldest boy plays for one of top ranked High School teams here in the states. He has to sit this year out and its killing him! (and me.. i'm going to miss watching the games).

Third.. Are you sure its only bags? Not piles of clothing.. Dog Beds... Blankets... etc? (have you gone around and sniffed everything?) If he's marking his territory he is going to pee on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING! (I had a dog that would pee on people to mark them ) Where does he normally go pee? I ask because some dogs get into the habit of going potty on certain types of surfaces. I don't know how a plastic bag could remind him of his normal potty 'zone' but you never know.. maybe color or sound?

Or.. he could just be doing it for the heck of it.

Either way, i would set him up to fail. Put a few bags down and wait.. as soon as he goes to do his 'business' stop him and take him outside. Then repeat, repeat, repeat... etc.

Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLost View Post
    First.. Great looking Bulldog!

Second.. Rugby! Love the game! My oldest boy plays for one of top ranked High School teams here in the states. He has to sit this year out and its killing him! (and me.. i'm going to miss watching the games).

Third.. Are you sure its only bags? Not piles of clothing.. Dog Beds... Blankets... etc? (have you gone around and sniffed everything?) If he's marking his territory he is going to pee on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING! (I had a dog that would pee on people to mark them ) Where does he normally go pee? I ask because some dogs get into the habit of going potty on certain types of surfaces. I don't know how a plastic bag could remind him of his normal potty 'zone' but you never know.. maybe color or sound?

Or.. he could just be doing it for the heck of it.

Either way, i would set him up to fail. Put a few bags down and wait.. as soon as he goes to do his 'business' stop him and take him outside. Then repeat, repeat, repeat... etc.
    Nailed it!!!!
    In the back of the garden there was an old (bouncy castle) diesel used to wee on it until I got rid. I am guessing my rugby bag was a substitute.

Great news rugby is taking off in the USA. I just wish my beloved Scotland was better.

What position does your son play.
    J

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
    Likes (Received)

Nailed it!!!!
    In the back of the garden there was an old (bouncy castle) diesel used to wee on it until I got rid. I am guessing my rugby bag was a substitute.

Great news rugby is taking off in the USA. I just wish my beloved Scotland was better.

What position does your son play.
    J
    Hopefully you can get him out of the habit

My son plays Lock (He's 17 years old and 6'8"). Rugby has been huge in my area since i was young. I don't know if you've heard of the Highland Rugby team here in the U.S (they made a movie about it called 'Forever Strong') but i live in the same area. His club is an offshoot of the Highland team when they broke up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads