Can anyone review this pet insurance quote for me please? Uk quote***

homeriscool

Dec 26, 2013
United Kingdom, Wirral
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
Hi all whats your opinion on this quote for my puppy bulldog?
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Is it £4000 all in or £4000 per year per condition?

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Look up at insurance compare sites -you want as much ££ per condition as possible for your money
As you never know when you might need it - also its worth sticking with one insurance provider as once you claimed for something you wont be covered with other insurer (classes as a pre existing condition if you change insurence provider for a new one)
There always will be someone whos unhappy -sadly there isnt anyone that have 100% consumer satisfaction ;-(

Ps your pup should have come with 4 weeks free per plan insurance (if it was from good breeder)
Worth checking pet plan too

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I just got notice from Trupanion that Winston's surgery will NOT be covered because they consider it "pre-existing"…

The vet mentioned the word Entropion in his clinic notes back in April, and I didn't enroll Winston until September… SOOOooo it looks like we get to pay for the entire $1,200 surgery. The MAY cover his respiratory expenses at the emergency clinic… WOW a whole $250!!! I guess that unless you enroll them the day they are born everything will be considered PRE-EXISTING!!! What a bunch of BS… :angry: Here is a problem with Pet Insurance, that is happening to EBN member, Tracey. Although you are in UK, better check them out thoroughly,, and see what your vet has on HIS records of your pup. The Ins. co. will pick out ANY slight comment. Any way they can get out of paying!

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Agree ,also go with well established company -you dont want it to go bankrupt -we are with pet plan -lillys eyes are not covered but for everything else they payed same goes for shy and her skin (condition came within 14 days of insurance)
I thought about putting money away but -if i didn't have insurance i would be few thousands in debt now

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Insurance companies usually have a catch with them nowadays or as Manydogs said they will find any excuse not to pay out.

Either ring your vet and ask who they recommend as a good insurer and look into them

Or what I do is have a separate savings account where I put a set amount in as a direct debit as if I were paying pet insurance then if anything happens I have a sum of money saved up to cover the costs and if nothing happens ive saved a fortune not paying it to an insurance company. The only uncertainty doing it this way is if they develop permanant health issues xx

OP
homeriscool

homeriscool

Dec 26, 2013
United Kingdom, Wirral
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
Look up at insurance compare sites -you want as much ££ per condition as possible for your money
As you never know when you might need it - also its worth sticking with one insurance provider as once you claimed for something you wont be covered with other insurer (classes as a pre existing condition if you change insurence provider for a new one)
There always will be someone whos unhappy -sadly there isnt anyone that have 100% consumer satisfaction ;-(

Ps your pup should have come with 4 weeks free per plan insurance (if it was from good breeder)
Worth checking pet plan too

hi again Pati, my pup came with a petplan and his policy runs out on the 25th january. i have phoned them and they quoted me £58 per month for their lowest paying policy ( which was not even lifetime cover) so after 12 months he would not be insured for a pre existing condition....
who are you insured with Pati?

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Im with pet plan -as they always payed up its expensive but -on the end of the day so is the dog ,and vet bills -as a added bonus my premiums didn't go up much after a claim
But have a look at some reviews sites -where people write what they think of different insurers -sometimes cheap policy goes pricy after you made a "claim" and when renewal is due it goes up sky high
Its a difficult task to find a good insurer also as someone suggested speak to your bet and ask who they recommend -as sone vets want money up front ,and some will wait for claim money

OP
homeriscool

homeriscool

Dec 26, 2013
United Kingdom, Wirral
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
Insurance companies usually have a catch with them nowadays or as Manydogs said they will find any excuse not to pay out.

Either ring your vet and ask who they recommend as a good insurer and look into them

Or what I do is have a separate savings account where I put a set amount in as a direct debit as if I were paying pet insurance then if anything happens I have a sum of money saved up to cover the costs and if nothing happens ive saved a fortune not paying it to an insurance company. The only uncertainty doing it this way is if they develop permanant health issues xx

Hi and thanks for your reply. I have seriously thought about saving money rather than getting insurance, because i do feel insurance is a scam, so i am trying to weigh up the two options. insurance is a minefield to wade through....

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Something interesting the company i just switched to offers is a "Medical History Review"..

A medical history review is a complete assessment of your pet's health history from an insurance perspective.

As a result of your pet's review, we will tell you which, if any, of your pet's conditions are pre-existing and for how long. That way, you will not be surprised at claim time.

This should, i hope, make pre-existing denials a non-issue.

You may want to see if any UK companies do something like this. Also, i couldn't see anything about hereditary or congenital coverage. IMHO, if your doing bulldog insurance those are a must-have-item.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Im with pet plan -as they always payed up its expensive but -on the end of the day so is the dog ,and vet bills -as a added bonus my premiums didn't go up much after a claim
But have a look at some reviews sites -where people write what they think of different insurers -sometimes cheap policy goes pricy after you made a "claim" and when renewal is due it goes up sky high
Its a difficult task to find a good insurer also as someone suggested speak to your bet and ask who they recommend -as sone vets want money up front ,and some will wait for claim money
Hey Pati Robins did you see the post from wales?? Is it meekos mommy?

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Im not the mystery bully owner from the vets in cardiff sorry :lol: im just up the road from Cardiff in Newport xx

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Im not the mystery bully owner from the vets in cardiff sorry :lol: im just up the road from Cardiff in Newport xx

you are back ! long time no see :w00t:

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
you are back ! long time no see :w00t:

Im back and here to stay :2thumbs: .. iv still been browsing around now and again but not been on here posting I just never seem to have the time anymore. But iv promised il make the time now even if its popping on when my little man has gone to bed and Meeko is snoring away :D xx

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.