Thank You EBN! We did it :))

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
I am one happy camper right now! Not only did LuLu sleep through the night, but she and Mary had some time together with out a doggy gate in the way! Thank you [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] for recommending keeping her in the crate all night! All SIX of us got a good nights sleep, and on a Sunday night to begin a new week. WOOHOO!! LuLu likes her crate anyways, so I don't know why I never thought of it, but no crying nothing :) I think she actually slept better that way! Crossing my fingers we can keep it up! :) :)

I left yesterday to get my nails done before our trip this weekend, and when I got back my BF had all four dogs out together, and NO ONE GOT BIT! He never got onto Mary, just kept on making sure that LuLu kept her distance, and gave Mary a lot of praise. We are going to try again tonight. Jay only wants to have all four together for 20-30 minutes at time, until everyone starts getting use to it! I'm so thrilled! I can't remember who recommended to try to train LuLu and not Mary since she is to old, but thank you from the bottom of my heart! *claps*

We also had our first vet visit with LuLu, she weighs 39 pounds & is now all up to date on her shots. We hear back about her heart worm test today. Brutus weighed in at 55 pounds! We could tell LuLu wasn't use to the vet, but with a little help she did great! I didn't get any pictures this weekend, but I'll make it up to everyone!

EBN is the Best! I hope everyone had a great weekend, and is ready for Manic Monday :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Good news all around. And my opinion is that crate training is better and safer for the entire family.

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
I felt bad for making be in there, but if she likes it & everyone is happy! I'm happy :) She normally cries and cries at some point in the night, and not one little whimper.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Good news all around. And my opinion is that crate training is better and safer for the entire family.

I echo Tim's great advice, proper crate training (not used to punish) becomes
the dog's 'safe place' where they go willingly & happily. You know they love
their crates when they go themselves, with door open to nap & rest.

So very happy to hear...GOD bless!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So Happy for the GOOD news! Glad that keeping LuLu off Mary did the trick! I've had old grouchy dogs!!ha!ha!:whew::idea:AND I've got a young, grouchy dog!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
WooHoo!!! Great news and so happy they are getting along so far. Ours love their crates and at night at bed time, they run in there, turn and wait for their night time treat.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's fantastic!! Sounds like you have a very happy family there! :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Fantastic news.... Stay consistent and life will continue to be this way for all of you! Great work

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone! I'm really worried when we go out of town we will go backwards. Just crossing my fingers! We are putting LuLu at doggy daycare, and the other three have a dog sitter at home. I'm not ready for another person to be responsible for making sure LuLu and Mary play nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Fantastic news ,im so happy that things are going well for all of you xxx

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online