whiskers?

Henry

Feb 10, 2013
NH/MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
I don't know why I didn't see this before, but I noticed that many of the bullies pictured on here don't seem to have whiskers? Henry has a face full. Do some bulldogs not have whiskers or is it just that they don't show up on some peoples photos? Here are two pics of Henry's face. The first when he was younger, and the other more recent. Now that he is older, he is even more "hairy". Is this normal?

20130726.jpg

henry1year.jpg

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
My Harlea has wiskers. Hers are just short and white so you can't see them in pictures.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Annie...you are as cute as your Henry ;) All older bullies ARE hairy.
If not, they've been groomed off!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
haha love those pictures. Lola has whiskers too but they are a little shorter and white. I think that for showing they are trimmed. but maybe im wrong.

Gigi Girl

Oct 23, 2013
Rhode Island
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gia
Haha Henry is so cute! Gia has them, they are short and a little curled at the ends. Im sure they don't show in her photos since she is white tho.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
Henry

Henry

Feb 10, 2013
NH/MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] [MENTION=3225]aprilemari[/MENTION] OMG, I had no idea! It never occurred to me that they get trimmed or groomed off! I know if I touch Henry's whiskers, he closes his eyes. I figured they were there to let him know to close his eyes if something got too close, like when he plays outside and runs through the flowers and bushes, lol! I think I'll leave Henry's whiskers intact. I think he needs his :) Thanks for letting me know they all have them. I feel silly now for not knowing that some cut the whiskers off. Learn something new every day, lol!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@Texas Carol @aprilemari OMG, I had no idea! It never occurred to me that they get trimmed or groomed off! I know if I touch Henry's whiskers, he closes his eyes. I figured they were there to let him know to close his eyes if something got too close, like when he plays outside and runs through the flowers and bushes, lol! I think I'll leave Henry's whiskers intact. I think he needs his :) Thanks for letting me know they all have them. I feel silly now for not knowing that some cut the whiskers off. Learn something new every day, lol!

Annie, I learn new EVERY DAY too and actually, I think you are right...dogs & cats too,
have use for their whiskers. Cami HATES outdoors and I'm allergic to sunlight (only owned
T-Top & Covertible when dxed, can you imagine) so we make a perfect pair!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Lilly got them too ;;-) they just dont show on all of her pici think every dog have them -in different sizes xxz

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I think all bullys have whiskers, mine do. Some do trim them for shows, but I don't. I like my men rugged that way:D

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] Ha!ha! RRRRRRRRRugged! Yes, Just about all show animals are shaved and groomed! Horses,donkeys,llamas.....And all dogs that I know of have whiskers-you are right, they act like "feelers". Like "curb feelers on a car!" :w00t:

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Bella has them!! haha she even has a wild one growing out under her chin i want to pluck it so bad!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.