Lucky to have Little Lucky

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
You did an amazing thing!! And Lucky is a cutie :-) you can tell he's happy to be with you and your other pup in the picture

OP
fcamargo6thave

fcamargo6thave

Apr 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Thank you for all the kind words and all warm blessing the forums has given rocky and lucky. Lucky has been a great addition to the family and is the prefect companion for my brother. Lucky has had no problems adjusting to his new home it was as if he didn't miss his old one. He loves kids and is not afraid of other dogs but he like other puppies he bothers the hell out of the older dogs. One thing I noticed is that he hates to be tied even for a minute and he is scared of someone raising there hand at him. He seems to share food and toys well with other dogs and loves to be pet by total strangers. He sleeps well through the night and he loves his personal space which is cage we don't close it on him but he goes in and out as he pleases. He is somewhat house trained and still needs a little help. He has an appointment at the vet in a few weeks hopefully the mange is gone by then.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
:hug: thank you for rescuing Lucky :) you have done an amazing thing and given him a second chance and a much needed happy life!!

Buddy32825

Jan 14, 2014
Oralndo, FL
Country
North America
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Great job on saving this puppy!! Lots of people would walk away from a pup like that knowing they'd be immediately spending a lot of money at the vet to fix him.

keystnlabs

Dec 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Agatha Gump
What a wonderful life Lucky will now have, thanks to you.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Lucky is the perfect name, very lucky indeed to have found a new home full of love!! Bless you for saving him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Thank you for giving him a home with love and kindness. I still can't wrap my mind around how people let things like that happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
fcamargo6thave

fcamargo6thave

Apr 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Hey guys thanks again for all the kind words. How long after he starts his meds will we see Lucky's missing hair start to grow in? Is there any home remedies you can recommend for the Mange?

OP
fcamargo6thave

fcamargo6thave

Apr 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
So Lucky has began to do a lot better, all the missing patches of hair have grown back in and the doctor has given him a clean bill of health. Today my brother called me and told me the lady wants lucky back but I do not know what the law would have to say in type of case. I have no paperwork stating that she sold us the dog but she said that she has seeked help and is doing a lot better than she was a few weeks ago (thus the reason for wanting lucky back). She told my brother that she will refund him the money he paid her. I really don't think money is an issue here, this lady has no means of supporting this dog, she lives in a 1 bedroom in NYC with no kitchen, just 1 bedroom and she almost killed lucky because she did not have the finances to get the proper vaccinations or medical help lucky needed. At the moment I have no idea what to do because she can report him lost or stolen. However we do have a witness who was there when we bought the dog. Also our vet is prepared to stand witness to the type of health lucky was in when we brought him to the vet. I feel bad for lucky I do not want to see him live with this lady. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. thank you

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Erm, we live in a 1 bedroom in nyc (manhattan) and I can assure you, most of us, take amazing care of our dogs.

With that said (had to get it out, my NY pride was hurt), you have vet bills proving you've taken care of him all this time. I would also get a dog license for him immediately if you haven't done so already.
Between the license and bills showing you've been supporting him, I think you'll be ok. Besides, there's really not much she can do since she did sell him.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You bought the dog, you paid for the dog, you have witness to that fact. Your vet is witness to the condition of the dog, when you brought him in to her. Lucky is YOUR dog, and too bad if she changed her mind. Too late. She has no legal standing. Lucky IS YOUR dog. He is LUCKY to BE your dog! Not to worry!

OP
fcamargo6thave

fcamargo6thave

Apr 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Erm, we live in a 1 bedroom in nyc (manhattan) and I can assure you, most of us, take amazing care of our dogs.

With that said (had to get it out, my NY pride was hurt), you have vet bills proving you've taken care of him all this time. I would also get a dog license for him immediately if you haven't done so already.
Between the license and bills showing you've been supporting him, I think you'll be ok. Besides, there's really not much she can do since she did sell him.
I am sorry I knew someone would be offended by the NYC 1 bedroom apartment but her place is just 1 room nothing else but shares the bathroom and she has 2 cats and another small dog in this room. Besides aren't bulldogs the best apartment dogs lol my brother lives in a 1 bedroom but its an apartment this lady lives like she is in a hostel thanks for the reassurance though

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I am sorry I knew someone would be offended by the NYC 1 bedroom apartment but her place is just 1 room nothing else but shares the bathroom and she has 2 cats and another small dog in this room. Besides aren't bulldogs the best apartment dogs lol my brother lives in a 1 bedroom but its an apartment this lady lives like she is in a hostel thanks for the reassurance though

It's fine, not really offended- but still had to say something :tongue:.
Thing is, the rents here are crazy high- so many people just starting out, or students, usually share tiny apartments. They're mostly studios divided by french doors.

Like [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] said " Lucky is YOUR dog, and too bad if she changed her mind. Too late. She has no legal standing."

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I would tell her, she sold lucky to you, you have witnesses, he is registered to you, you have vet bills and office notes from your vet as to the condition lucky was in when you got him and the vet is willing to testify in court and she will have to get a lawyer and sue you to try get him back. That should take care of that. She obviously will not have to money to go against you and that should scare her if she thinks there could be charges brought for neglect.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.