Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lucky to have Little Lucky

Default Re: Lucky to have Little Lucky

So Lucky has began to do a lot better, all the missing patches of hair have grown back in and the doctor has given him a clean bill of health. Today my brother called me and told me the lady wants lucky back but I do not know what the law would have to say in type of case. I have no paperwork stating that she sold us the dog but she said that she has seeked help and is doing a lot better than she was a few weeks ago (thus the reason for wanting lucky back). She told my brother that she will refund him the money he paid her. I really don't think money is an issue here, this lady has no means of supporting this dog, she lives in a 1 bedroom in NYC with no kitchen, just 1 bedroom and she almost killed lucky because she did not have the finances to get the proper vaccinations or medical help lucky needed. At the moment I have no idea what to do because she can report him lost or stolen. However we do have a witness who was there when we bought the dog. Also our vet is prepared to stand witness to the type of health lucky was in when we brought him to the vet. I feel bad for lucky I do not want to see him live with this lady. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. thank you

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Erm, we live in a 1 bedroom in nyc (manhattan) and I can assure you, most of us, take amazing care of our dogs.

With that said (had to get it out, my NY pride was hurt), you have vet bills proving you've taken care of him all this time. I would also get a dog license for him immediately if you haven't done so already.
    Between the license and bills showing you've been supporting him, I think you'll be ok. Besides, there's really not much she can do since she did sell him.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

You bought the dog, you paid for the dog, you have witness to that fact. Your vet is witness to the condition of the dog, when you brought him in to her. Lucky is YOUR dog, and too bad if she changed her mind. Too late. She has no legal standing. Lucky IS YOUR dog. He is LUCKY to BE your dog! Not to worry!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    Erm, we live in a 1 bedroom in nyc (manhattan) and I can assure you, most of us, take amazing care of our dogs.

With that said (had to get it out, my NY pride was hurt), you have vet bills proving you've taken care of him all this time. I would also get a dog license for him immediately if you haven't done so already.
    Between the license and bills showing you've been supporting him, I think you'll be ok. Besides, there's really not much she can do since she did sell him.
    I am sorry I knew someone would be offended by the NYC 1 bedroom apartment but her place is just 1 room nothing else but shares the bathroom and she has 2 cats and another small dog in this room. Besides aren't bulldogs the best apartment dogs lol my brother lives in a 1 bedroom but its an apartment this lady lives like she is in a hostel thanks for the reassurance though

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by fcamargo6thave View Post
    I am sorry I knew someone would be offended by the NYC 1 bedroom apartment but her place is just 1 room nothing else but shares the bathroom and she has 2 cats and another small dog in this room. Besides aren't bulldogs the best apartment dogs lol my brother lives in a 1 bedroom but its an apartment this lady lives like she is in a hostel thanks for the reassurance though
    It's fine, not really offended- but still had to say something .
    Thing is, the rents here are crazy high- so many people just starting out, or students, usually share tiny apartments. They're mostly studios divided by french doors.

Like @Manydogs said " Lucky is YOUR dog, and too bad if she changed her mind. Too late. She has no legal standing."

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I would tell her, she sold lucky to you, you have witnesses, he is registered to you, you have vet bills and office notes from your vet as to the condition lucky was in when you got him and the vet is willing to testify in court and she will have to get a lawyer and sue you to try get him back. That should take care of that. She obviously will not have to money to go against you and that should scare her if she thinks there could be charges brought for neglect.
    My smooshy face boy!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

God Bless You for rescuing Lucky, Lucky is Very Lucky to have you, what a wonderful thing you did for Lucky for adopting him. I know he is in Great Hands with you. Love and Kisses To Lucky. Susan

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, thank you for rescuing that sweet Baby, he is very Lucky that you came into his life. I agree with everyone that she doesn't have a right or a claim to him. She sold him to you, and you paid for him, and have taken care of his vet bills to fix his health issues that were caused by her neglect. Do you still have the Facebook page where she advertised that she was looking to re home him? You can print that off as well as proof that she was selling him. She doesn't deserve to get him back, and she shouldn't. He is definetley your baby now.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    Us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastian
    Likes (Received)

I agree with everyone else she sold the dog and lucky is your baby .... Tell her to little to late ... You snooze you lose whatever lucky is your dog and he is lucky indeed .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Scott
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Joseph AKA JOE
    Likes (Received)

...she said that she has seeked help and is doing a lot better than she was a few weeks ago (thus the reason for wanting lucky back). She told my brother that she will refund him the money he paid her. I really don't think money is an issue here,
    Agreed.

One thing I noticed is that he hates to be tied even for a minute and he is scared of someone raising there hand at him.
    These are the reasons you don't give the dog back -^^^^^^^^^^^ - Little guy is probably tied up all day hence the issues with the collar burn or other injuries to his neck and him cowering if someone tries to pet him or lifts their hand is the huge tell that the dog gets hit on the regular. Her 'seeking help' doesn't cut it. IMO

Good for you taking him in...and please do not give him back - poor thing

Have a great day!

Crazy Bulldog Lady IPickedADaisy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Bless you for taking him in and getting him healthy. Lucky indeed. As for her wanting him back...I think that threat of telling her she'll have to sue you to get him back will be enough for her to back off. Good luck to you & Lucky.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads