Lucky to have Little Lucky

fcamargo6thave

Apr 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
A few days ago someone on my brothers facebook posted a cute pic of a puppy bulldog that needed a new home. Since my brother was looking for a EB he asked me to go and see the puppy with him. So when we get to the place the lady told us to meet her at some intersection. it turned out that the lady who posted the facebook posting was not indeed the owner but someone who had met the puppy's owner at the vet's office and was helping her find the puppy a new home. I examined the puppy and noticed that it was full of neglect, He had missing patches of hair, was a little overweight, and once the lady told me he has not received one vaccination, I knew that this dog must have been sick and needed a vet fast. Our intentions were only to visit and examine the dog as far as his behavior and health wise. The lady who posted the facebook ad told us that she was really sad for the dog and she wanted someone who had a good heart and experience with these dogs. We felt so bad that we knew if we left this dog in this lady's hands we would have felt bad. We handed over the $500 and took him home. He left with us so happy and once we got inside into the light (it was 10PM and dark) the extent of the damage to his health was known. He had more missing patches of hair then I first though, he had a very bad collar burn that I didn't notice, and his bottom & belly was full of dried urine. The next day we brought him to the vet and she gave him all vaccinations, examines and she gave us a hug for rescuing the little guy. The vet said that he is in very good health, weighs 40Lbs and should recover in a few weeks from all the hell he went through. The examines came back and she said he has Demodectic Mange (Mites), he has Giardia, and they shaved his collar area because he had a very bad infection from collar burn which was causing the foul odor he had. The vet put him on a few meds which she said she has had very good outcomes on Mange, He is Metronidazole 500MG, Cefpodoxime Proxetil 100MG, Panacur Granules 22.2%, Ivermectin, Relifor Tropical Spray, and Peroxiderm Shampoo. We really hope he gets better and becomes a healthy big boy. I feel so bad for him and when I walk with him I can see people feel bad for him and look at me and think I am the one that caused this to him. His name is Lucky and he is very sweet and gets along with everyone and everything. Him and my olde English bulldog get along very well. We are thinking of neutering him but unsure at what point of his life but it is in his plans for the future. Here are some pics of the two hanging out.

OP
fcamargo6thave

fcamargo6thave

Apr 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
lucky 2.jpglucky.jpglucky 3.jpg

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=4797]fcamargo6thave[/MENTION] Bless you for taking that sweet baby in. It is heartbreaking how some people will abuse these sweet babies. The pic browser has changed some, and I don't know why, but after you select your pics it brings you back to the box with the "browse" button, just under the browse button it says "upload files" put your cursor on that and click and it should load your pics.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So wonderful of you to save that poor baby! I wish whatever people have done to poor animals would be the punishment for those people! You are Lucky's guardian angel.

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
So happy yo rescued him :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benedict2013

Dec 25, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Benedict
If only there where more people like you there wouldn't be hurt fur baby's but at least today theres one less. Thank you for taking that fur baby into your loving home is fantastic to know that he's loved, safe and in your care. give him lost of TLC

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor sweet baby... THANK YOU so much for saving this sweet bully!
Best of luck healing Lucky and enjoy all the new lovin you will be getting.

Please keep us posted

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
God bless you for saving lucky. You are a true Angel.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
You are so awesome for taking him in and providing the care and love he obviously needed. He is so cute, looks a lot like my June! I hope he gets better ASAP :)

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
You're his angel, that's for sure! Thank you for rescuing that sweet baby boy. He's headed for the good life now, that's for sure. :up:

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Perfect name, he is Lucky to have such loving people save him and care as much as you do! God bless you!

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Aww! That is an awesome thing you did. I will never understand why people would do this to a pet. He is a doll! I wish the best for you guys :)

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
What a beautiful baby… so glad that you guys rescued him!!! Wish you guys the best of luck, and please keep us posted!!! :D

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Bless your heart for helping poor Lucky! Tears in my eyes, I am just so glad it was you who got to him first.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.