Blood in Ellie's urine

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
ELLIE 2013-2017....Rocky RIP (2005-2013)
Help ...I came home from work and took Ellie out ,after she went I could see red colour in her urine . I freaked and called the vet. The vet is not in on Friday afternoon . OMG. Ellie is 10 month now. She also started dragging her leg yesterday, I though she my have slipped on some ice in the back yard playing with my 13 year old golden retriever.
On the internet it said female EG tend to get urinary track infections, can that effect her leg?
Has anyone seen or experienced this before.
She seems ok in all other aspics, like playing, eating, ect.
I have a vet appointment tomorrow and got a sample for them to check..
I hope its not serious ...or at least curable. we love our Ellie Bully..

l

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Does sound like a UTI.... Keep her rested for tonight and antibiotics will clear her up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes it's hopefully just a UTI, she will be on the mend in no time. Glad she's going to the vet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MARY BARNES

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
Just back from the vet .....she said Ellie has UTI ...She got a antibiotic injection ...and she has to take clavaseptin pills for 14 days
morning and night . They took the urine sample and are sending it out for testing.
Thank you to the responses back, you made me feel better and I could sleep through the night ....With Ellie by my side of course....
Dad slept in the spare room.
Thanks

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Just back from the vet .....she said Ellie has UTI ...She got a antibiotic injection ...and she has to take clavaseptin pills for 14 days
morning and night . They took the urine sample and are sending it out for testing.
Thank you to the responses back, you made me feel better and I could sleep through the night ....With Ellie by my side of course....
Thanks

Glad to hear she's on the mend. Make sure to have her urine retested after the 14 days and give all the meds to make sure it's all gone otherwise it will just come back.
She's going to feel much better by tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Happy to hear that you have the meds. for the uti. How is her leg?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks

Thanks for the update.... Glad she is on her way to getting better.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Aww poor Ellie i missed your post for some reason i it is so frightening when they get sick
But with meds and tlc she be back to normal very soon xxx

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, sorry I'm just reading this thread now, and so glad Ellie saw the vet, and she's getting treated for her UTI infection, with antibiotics, she will be better soon. We give our guys a cranberry pill everyday, I open the capsule and sprinkle it on their kibble. It helps to prevent UTI's. we also put 1 Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar in their drinking water everyday, there are many health benefits to ACV such as its a natural anti inflammatory, it balances the Ph levels in the blood, and it kills the bad bacteria in the blood, so bboosts the immune system.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm glad to hear that Ellie will be okay with the antibiotics. She will definitely start feeling better soon enough!

OP
MARY BARNES

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
It is so great to get advice from Bully Mom's and Dad's ...I am Going to start the acv today in her water.
Ellie is feeling better today. I gave her the pills ,and she spit them out ,had to put them I peanut butter...
No Blood in her pee this morning ...Seems to be pee pee colour again...
I guess the snow is good for something ....as we say here"don't eat the yellow snow".
Vet calling with results tomorrow keeping my fingers crossed ,Nothing bad shows up.

Attachments

• 100_0473.jpg
    100_0473.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 100

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It is so great to get advice from Bully Mom's and Dad's ...I am Going to start the acv today in her water.
Ellie is feeling better today. I gave her the pills ,and she spit them out ,had to put them I peanut butter...
No Blood in her pee this morning ...Seems to be pee pee colour again...
I guess the snow is good for something ....as we say here"don't eat the yellow snow".
Vet calling with results tomorrow keeping my fingers crossed ,Nothing bad shows up.

Good of to hear she is getting better..... Give hugs from us

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Glad she is doing better. I had a pup that had a uti, just after going on a trip. Got medication for her-it cleared up, and no more problems. Just make sure you give all the medication-even after she seems better. I used to have a coffee mug, with a dog on it, and it said "Don't eat yellow snow" I know that one! I hope test turns out okay!:yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.