Update on the Heard - LuLu, Brutus, Mary, & Marlee

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
Well we made it through last weekend, and another weekend is approaching. We still haven't let LuLu & Mary together, not the way I wanted it but seems to be working to our advantage! Unless...... Mary is tricking us, she is a smart little old lady & known to do just that! So we keep Mary on one side of the gate and the other three on the other, constantly changing so everyone gets their turn on each side of the gate & with us :) Mary has quit growling at LuLu when they are at the gate, so I'm just praying baby steps! Mary also gets sad when the other three go outside and she can't. My boyfriend isn't quite ready to go down that road yet after the last episode.Onto just Mrs. Too Special "LuLu"! She has calmed down so much! She still likes to play, but she is understanding that Brutus & Marlee may not want to play when she wants to, so she just goes and plays by herself! LuLu is also all the way into what dinner and breakfast time mean, using the doggy door like a champ, using the automatic dog water, and learning her place with Brutus & Marlee. I'm pretty sure Brutus should be a teacher bulldog!And then we have the issues...... The first few nights we locked her in her crate while we were sleeping, and she would wake up crying in the middle of the night. Then we tried just leaving her crate open in our room, and that went over great until she started wanting to go outside to pee at 3:30 AM. Which under any "normal" circumstance would be fine, but Mary is right on the other side of our bedroom door, so we would have to pull the hole switch-a-roo thing with dogs to differrent areas. So next we tried moving LuLu's crate to the living room, and leaving her in there so she could sleep in her crate, and still be able to go outside to pee through the doggy door. NOPE that's not good enough...... For the last four nights we have done this, she wakes up at 1:30 EXACTLY each morning scratches on our door, and cries. This goes on until I get up, keeping Mary in our room half asleep, get LuLu and lock her in her crate. That little toot goes right back to sleep! What the heck is that! HELP ME PLEASE WE ARE SLEEP DEPRIVED :(Tomorrow both bulldogs go to the vet to get their shots updated, and a general check up on LuLu since we want our vet to see her. Tonight is bath night..... New day, new things to learn! Happy Friday everyone

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
I forgot pictures, how dare me!

Attachments

• Brutus & LuLu1.jpg
    Brutus & LuLu1.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 106
  • Brutus & LuLu2.jpg
    Brutus & LuLu2.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Brutus & LuLu3.jpg
    Brutus & LuLu3.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 110

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Happy Friday to you too!! It really sounds like she is learning the routine, those are great pictures!! Thank you for the update.

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
She is, I'll just so happy when all four can rome around the house together instead of keeping Mary apart from LuLu. It feels like a circus sometimes lol

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well your babies are some pretty bullies. I would take Mary out on a leash when the others are playing to see how she does, unless you think LuLu will go over and try to start something. As far as the night thing, I would put LuLu in her crate at night and when she starts her barking at night, go in there with a stern voice and tell her NO, then go back into your room. Once she figures out you are not going to let her out she will eventually get it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great update and pictures...... I agree with David on Mary on leasehold with the other when outside and stay firm with the crate at night.... She will continue if she knows you are coming

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh my [MENTION=6425]Dee J[/MENTION], I'm exhausted just reading your update! You are amazing with all you do to work WITH your bulldogs!:yes: Thank you for the update and the pics are great…especially the last one with the two bullies facing each other.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.