Rebel hates when his ears are cleaned

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
Well that was a huge pain in the ***, I decided to clean his ears and he wasn't havin that he freaked out, ran around the house shaking his head and rubbing his head on everything, I literally had to sit on him to try and get them dry.........poor baby :facepalm:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
give that baby some treats afterwards and he will learn to tolerate it for a reward :) I have to clean lolas ears twice a week with cleaner, and every day with dry tissues. it's part of the deal

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I clean Vegas's outside! He shakes his head too making the solution fly all over, then does the same thing when we come in, rubs his ears all over everything. It is a pain, but needed. What do you use to clean them?

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
Just some cleaner I got from Petco

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yeah, lots of treats and make ear-cleaning as cheery and "fun" for Rebel as possible. Maybe even do a singy-song voice as you clean his ears (I do that when i have to clean the boys' ears and faces). I don't know if singing silly songs helps but as bad as I sing, it somehow eases MY stress!:D

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
Koozer eventually got to the point where we couldn't squeeze the solution directly into the ears.He would see the bottle and run away! So now, I take a cotton ball and thoroughly saturate it with the solution. Then use that in the ear, and the solution will drip into the ear canal. Koozer likes the "massage" effect. Then I have another 1 or 2 cotton balls ready and quickly swap the dry ones for the wet one, and massage his ears some more, while drying his ear canal out. He really likes it...and moans. Good luck!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.