Update on Pepper Potts

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
Well, I've been gone a while. Life and the holidays, oh and I sprained the crap out of my ankle ON THE WAY to a New Year's Eve party. I thought I'd pop on and give you all an update on my gorgeous girl.

Pepper is AMAZING. She is easily one of the best dogs I've ever encountered. Her former owners come in every few weeks to see her and they always tell me how awesome she looks. Its nice to see them happy with her being adopted by my family.

Health wise, she's a rockstar. No breathing issues, her spay went beautifully, and her coat is all shine. She eats well, and takes her heartworm pills like a champ. Even baths are fun with this 45lbs love bug.

She comes to work at the animal shelter every day. She has a fan club. Kids getting off from school come by every day to see her, pet her, and play ball. Pepper has a love of children I've never seen in a dog. Even my coworkers come in to see her! She has a bed under the desk, an office full of toys and runs to greet customers when the doorbell rings. I've honestly never felt more awesome while at work.

Granted, we have a couple of issues. Impulse control is the worst. She will NOT stop running if she sees a) a child b) ANY human being that hasn't petted her or c) another animal. She assumes everyone loves her (She's mostly right). My biggest concern there is her rushing the door of the shelter if someone brings in an aggressive dog, so we're starting beginner's training in a couple of weeks.

Pepper Potts loves sweaters, dogs, kids, cats, chew toys, bones, TENNIS BALLS!, and long walks in the sunshine. She also only sleeps at night in her kennel! She once followed a cat at the shelter and licked it. It was hilarious.

Honestly, this is the coolest dog ever. She gets compliments everywhere she goes. In April, when she turns a year old, Pepper will take a test to be certified as a therapy dog. She and I want to visit children's hospitals and veterans, giving them some cuddles and smiles.

And now...pics!

Happy sundog!

Dog shamed...naughty!

Making friends at the dog park

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Pepper sounds wonderful and looks fabulous! Love that she's a therapy dog too, that's awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Pepper is just beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She is a beauty, and glad you popped in to give us an update.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Pepper is a beautiful bully!!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I loved reading about Pepper! What a sweetheart and she looks absolutely beautiful! How awesome that she will be a therapy dog and will be able to spread her joy to the Veterans and hospitalized kids. Thank you for the great and uplifting update on Pepper.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a fantastic update..... She looks happy and healthy!! Greta work Momma.... Thanks for dropping by with all the great update and the wonderful photos

please keep us posted as time allows. :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.