Thats right... im starting another.. Insurance thread!!!

B

Baxter Tiberius

Yeah without pet insurance, I would be out well over $8,000 USD right now with baxter.

Very glad I signed up the week before he came home.

I have GoPetPlan and im not too incredibly happy with them right now. They've been accusing me of trying to hide information that he was sick during the whopping 14 day waiting period (he wasnt). So they're asking for proof that he was well, even though he had a clean bill of health given to him 7 days into the 14 day waiting period. I mean ... talk about nitpicking .... 7 days .... over 6 months ago.

Anyways I guess thats what sleezy insurance company people do for a living.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Well my experience w/Trupanion as of today has been horridā€¦ they have denied Winston's entire surgery & all the pre-op visits because my vet mentioned the word Entropion on his medical charts before I got the insurance. Mind youā€¦ this was NOT a diagnosis, he just mentioned it. They said my vet could write a letter to appeal this claim, but after I talked to her I'm pretty sure it will be rejected. Now I'm considering taking Roxie off the insurance because she is 9 years oldā€¦ any mention of ANYTHING that has happened in the last 9 years will NOT be covered. Whether it's confirmed or notā€¦ it's total BS!!! I think I'll take my chances w/a saving plan and God forbid use the CareCredit or get another credit card for the pets. This was a painful lesson learnedā€¦ :angry:

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Well my experience w/Trupanion as of today has been horridā€¦ they have denied Winston's entire surgery & all the pre-op visits because my vet mentioned the word Entropion on his medical charts before I got the insurance. Mind youā€¦ this was NOT a diagnosis, he just mentioned it. They said my vet could write a letter to appeal this claim, but after I talked to her I'm pretty sure it will be rejected. Now I'm considering taking Roxie off the insurance because she is 9 years oldā€¦ any mention of ANYTHING that has happened in the last 9 years will NOT be covered. Whether it's confirmed or notā€¦ it's total BS!!! I think I'll take my chances w/a saving plan and God forbid use the CareCredit or get another credit card for the pets. This was a painful lesson learnedā€¦ :angry:

Sorry to hear that :(

It won't help you now... but since starting this thread i found a company offers a "medical history review". In a nutshell they go over your dogs medical history when you sign up and tell you what they consider pre-existing and how it will affect future claims.

http://www.embracepetinsurance.com/after-you-enroll/medical-history-review

It's too bad more companies don't do this... but then most would rather have you keep paying your monthly payment without knowing.

I've signed Molly and Kevin both up and requested their reviews. It will be interesting to see what they come back with.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sorry to hear that :(

It won't help you now... but since starting this thread i found a company offers a "medical history review". In a nutshell they go over your dogs medical history when you sign up and tell you what they consider pre-existing and how it will affect future claims.

http://www.embracepetinsurance.com/after-you-enroll/medical-history-review

It's too bad more companies don't do this... but then most would rather have you keep paying your monthly payment without knowing.

I've signed Molly and Kevin both up and requested their reviews. It will be interesting to see what they come back with.

You will have to let me know what they say, I'm curious to see what they would say about my boxerā€¦ Thanks for the info, and I hope that it works out for you guys!!!

Most Reactions