Thread: Ceramic Bowl/ Douxo / Food ??

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Spike
    Likes (Received)

Default Ceramic Bowl/ Douxo / Food ??

Hey all, I have read over several methods to get rid of the Chin Acne on my pup. He has always had a little pimple here and there, but now it seems worse and a couple weeks ago a few were bleeding. He currently uses stainless bowls, water with acv, dry his chin as much as possible after drinking, put baby power on his chin at night. I just ordered some (6) things of the Douxo pads on Amazon to try that. But I have read that people switched to ceramic bowls and that cleared it up as well. Any recommendations on some SLOW FEEDER ceramic bowls.... definitely need a slow feeder because I firmly believe he would suck up his food faster than a vacuum if not. Attached is a pic.

-photo-2-jpg

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ceramic Bowl/ Douxo / Food ??

I usually simply use a really warm wash rag and hold on the pimple areas when cleaning the face. This helps open up the pores and clean. I have sometimes also used a cotton swab with witch hazel and on occasions stridex medicated pads [ he don't like that] For Ace it seems just regular cleaning the area with a warm rag and watching that the area doesn't get infected works about as well as anything else. Its hormones and usually works its course and they go away and then later may have another breakout or so it has been with Ace.

Pooper scooper Lisa Marie Mayer's Avatar
    Country
    united states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lord igor (aka iggy pup), bones and blue
    Likes (Received)

My go to is witch hazel wipes. Igor got the chin nasties in the beginning and this has helped greatly. I have a tough time locating them locally so I order them online.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

I use Pyrex glass dishes and water bowls. I buy them at the Goodwill, or other thrift stores. I usually have extras. When I get home, I clean them well with bleach, and rinse well. Have never had chin problems-but maybe I have just been lucky-so far! I have always had animals-so learned to save $ where I can. That is all I have ever used for dogs.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Slow feeding.... I have a hoover too, just add a little water to the food which makes it difficult for them to gobble ti up so fast. You cna also add a ball to the bowl and they have to eat around it.

I use witch hazel to clean Banks chin.... she tends to get some bump/pimples in the summer when her allergies are real bad, but the witch hazel does help
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Just make sure the ball is LARGE enough so they don't swallow IT!!! It HAS been known to happen. They do sell a stainless steel ball just for slowing them down. With horses, I used to put a big rock in their feeder.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Real Name
    Jenn
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ulysses
    Likes (Received)

Funny enough, Ulysses also had major chin acne using a slow feeding bowl. Its from amazon, plastic, shaped like a maze. He needs it as he inhales his food. We took him to our vet and she said to use OXY pads for sensitive skin. It worked like a charm!!!!

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

My Ruckus had a similar, but it seems like smaller, bout of chin pimples when he was a younger pup. What really worked for me was to wipe his face and chin down with a rag with warm water after each meal. He eventually grew out of the acne. What he didn't grow out of was the gulping down of his food. I bought him the large size Omega Paw Portion Pacer Ball in porcelain and it helped tremendously. He doesn't love the ball, but I can actually hear him chewing and coming up for air in between bites.

Remove Ads