Vanize Andrade

Sep 1, 2011
Florida
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Piper, Mooney, Lear Panda and Pitts
Good morning All and Happy new Year!

I'm having a little problem with one of my pups.
I have two adults, a male and a female, and two pups (male and female as well).

My male puppy, Pitts, seems anxious. He is 4.5 months old. He never stops moving. He absolutely hates to be held. When I get him in my lap, it is like I'm trying to kill him.. he gets so frustrated that he starts to bite me (very softly) after a few minutes.
He is always showing a little aggression towards my male adult. When the adult tries to impose his role as the leader of the pack, and he does it very gently, Pitts bites him and chases him.. and pees in the adults bed.

Other than this, he is a very happy and healthy puppy...

I think now is the time to correct any inappropriate behavior.. but how?

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I am not the expert to comment here but I think each dog has their own personality! I only have 1 EBD so it's hard for me to compare the breed but I had many dogs before of the same breed with opposite personalites. At my parents home we have two schnauzers... one hates to be held or pet, she is very independent, don't care for other dogs or kids... she has a cat personality! Her younger sister is the opposite, loves to snuggle with us, take naps, be on our lap!

Maybe Pitts is learning about his position within the pack and he might even be running for the role of pack leader once he becomes an adult... on that topic I dont have much experience! :)

Would love to see a picture of your awesome pack!

PS: by the way, nice to see another brazilian here on the site :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes, now is the time to stop any undesirable behaviour or he will get out of control when he gets bigger. He needs to learn you are the boss. Plus some don't like to get held very much, but they get better when they get older. My Buddy doesn't like to be held. but he will come and lay by your feet.

OP
Vanize Andrade

Vanize Andrade

Sep 1, 2011
Florida
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, now is the time to stop any undesirable behaviour or he will get out of control when he gets bigger. He needs to learn you are the boss. Plus some don't like to get held very much, but they get better when they get older. My Buddy doesn't like to be held. but he will come and lay by your feet.
Hey David, Pitts is very similar to one of your babies.. Look!
IMG_20131101_093510.jpg

OP
Vanize Andrade

Vanize Andrade

Sep 1, 2011
Florida
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
I am not the expert to comment here but I think each dog has their own personality! I only have 1 EBD so it's hard for me to compare the breed but I had many dogs before of the same breed with opposite personalites. At my parents home we have two schnauzers... one hates to be held or pet, she is very independent, don't care for other dogs or kids... she has a cat personality! Her younger sister is the opposite, loves to snuggle with us, take naps, be on our lap!

Maybe Pitts is learning about his position within the pack and he might even be running for the role of pack leader once he becomes an adult... on that topic I dont have much experience! :)

Would love to see a picture of your awesome pack!

PS: by the way, nice to see another brazilian here on the site :)

Oi Michelle! You are right.. they just have different personalities. I think I'm comparing him to my other pup. That's why I got a little concerned.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=3136]Vanize Andrade[/MENTION] he is a cutie for sure.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey David, Pitts is very similar to one of your babies.. Look!
View attachment 63964

WHAT A BEAUTY!

I have an 8 yr old female, like David stated, she will come and lay next to me or at my feet, but HATES to be held or hugged in anyway... she is not a snuggler either. Just all different personalities

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.