Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Day Two of 16 little paws running around

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member Dee J's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Day Two of 16 little paws running around

@Manydogs Doggie room? I need one of those! What are you building/decorating, in a spare bedroom? Once LuLu exerts some energy on Saturday we are going to put them on their leashes and just have those two with us in the front of the house for a while. Little bits of time together, and as time goes by we are crossing our fingers it will be okay! LuLu didn't have playmates other then her skin sister, who is two. I think she spent a lot of her time locked up away from everyone and everything too. She enjoys the heck out of the love she gets from us that's for sure!
    The boy that stole my heart forever, Brutus Mayhem

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@Dee J When my hubby was living, we built a screened back porch onto the house. He liked to sit out there, after work(if not too hot)and sometimes have dinner. I have not used it. One day it occurred to me ! If I close it in-I could make it a doggie room! It's about 12 x 16, and just sitting there. I already had some 4x8 in the barn. Bought 4 windows only $31.00 each, and got a used door.-porch-002-jpg -porch-001-jpg Put little plexiglass windows at the bottom, so the dogs can look out! This is as far as I have gotten. I need to get more OSB to close floor, and then put vinyl floor. AND of course, insulation/siding on outside. Have to pay someone to do outside, cause I can't do it alone. I'll be t the "ungrateful brats" hate it! Ha!ha!.. When it is done, I am going to find a used-but not ucky, leather couch for them to have out there. The try and leave them in their "room" when I have to leave.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member Dee J's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
    Likes (Received)

@Manydogs I love it! I really love the plexiglass windows for them! Someone in our subdivision cut little holes in their wood fence, and then installed metal mesh so their dogs can look out to the front! I always see them looking out when I drive by. I thought about doing something like this with our spare bedroom, but we plan to get pregnant later, so we'll have to wait till we are in a bigger house for that! Go you for such an awesome thing to do for your babies!
    The boy that stole my heart forever, Brutus Mayhem

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Thank you! It's for me,too. Maybe I won't feel such GUILT when I leave them!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Slowly getting there.... great to hear things are progressing !

Lynn @Manydogs -- LOVE the doggie room idea
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads