Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Jealousy

Brutus does this as well. He will even do it with my kids although he won't bite or growl at them. If one on the kids are snuggling with me or laying on my bed with me, he will effectively push them with his body until they are off the couch or bed, and then he will sit on me!! Bullys are very very territorial and Bruty loves his mama!!!
    My smooshy face boy!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Susie View Post
    Hello @2BullyMama, when he was young like 3 months old, he was there everyday but as he grew older, I have started taking him every other days b/c he gets tired the next day. The daycare I go to also offers the similar focus as you do, encouraging socialization and offers educational training. They claim they have been training him but I don't think they are doing a good job. I know that one particular staff tends to hog my Howie's time and not letting him socializing with others. That's what I think. And she causes the increase of jealousy b/c he is now so attached to her.
    He normally goes there for the whole day, 8 hours, while I am at work.

You are probably correct, if you do not ave confidence in the training do not pay for it. Maybe, think about taking him once a week, it could also be he is tired and lashing out becasue he can not or does not want to sleep. My boy was like that, if he was tired and a dog came near him, he was not a pleasant boy. My two as well as other Bulldogs that went to daycare usually got 'grumpy' towards the end of the day becasue they 'had enough'
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

My girls are fantastic with each other; they play great and understand each other but they do get jealous if one gets attention the other isn't getting. They will climb over each other to get attention, I must have one hand on each of them and once they calm down then everything is ok. Butt scratches are the worst; one sees the other getting a butt scratch and that is all out war! They will climb over the arm of the c hair to get the same attention. lol I don't take mine to daycares and if I go somewhere without them I have a sitter (my son) at the house with them so I am no help with others outside of their own pack. Good luck.

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Howie
    Likes (Received)

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences.
    Since we don't have many friends with dogs nearby, so I won't be able to try this out and see if this work.
    I hope this link will help you.

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/pet...h-jealous-dogs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads