15 weeks undershot and droopy eyes- will it worsen ?! Help

Claire Thomas

Jan 5, 2014
Hi Betty is my first Bulldog - we purchased her as a pet from a local breeder who had intended to keep her for showing as pick of the litter - she has health check and all vacs /worming /microchip.
Her little bottom teeth are showing slightly (front 4 approx) which wasn't as bad at 8 weeks - will this get worse and worse as she gets bigger (as I have read i
the bottom jaw is last to stop growing) also I have noticed in the last few days her bottom eyelids are a little droopy and seem worse by the day? Is this all just a growth stage or will these issues only get more severe as she grows? image.jpg She is so adorable and I don't mind her little teeth at all just seems to show them more day after day! Will the top catch up or will it just carry on and get bad?
Thank you everyone and Happy New Year! X 😍

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 150

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Some bullies have droopy eyes
With regards to underbite in uk when teeth are showing there is no chance for a dog to be a show prospect -your baby underbite might stay the same or worsen-tbh i think it looks super cute xxx

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: Claire… Betty is adorable, and her teeth are perfect! Some bullies have underbites that show, and some do not. This is very normal and may change as she gets older. As far as the droopy eyes, that is normal as well… Some bullies eyes droop more than others. She will change over this year as she gains more weight, so her face shape will change somewhat. It's hard to say if she will have eye issues but for right now if she's not bothered by it I wouldn't worry.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and she is a cutie. Their head changes so much in the first year or so as they grow. She will more than likely have an underbite, but I would just wait to see what happens. So many changes yet to come with her as she grows.

OP
Claire Thomas

Claire Thomas

Jan 5, 2014
Thank you for the Reply's!
i suppose I was over worrying as the underbite wasn't visible some weeks Ago now there is a little gap that seems bigger by the day behind her teeth - the gap between her bottom and top teeth is about 18mm now and the vet seemed to think this was quite bad for age - also her eyes only seem to be a bit droopy and quite red at the bottom for last few days - she paws them occasionally but not bothering her generally -
none if this is an issue as long as she's happy and healthy - I am totally smitten ���� just a worried new mum that's all

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww your baby is cute, and the underbite and droopy eye is more the norm for most bullies. Some just have more of an underbite, as others or it's more noticeable in some dogs. My Dozer has a severe underbite, it doesn't affect him in any way, other than he eats a little slower because his top. And bottom teeth don't meet, but I love his underbite, and it just gives him more character. He is so cute.

Here are my two with their toothy grins

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 151

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
OK first of all your lucky her eyes are droopy, my poor Vegas suffers from environmental allergies and his poor eyes are swelled more than droopy, unless he gets a steroid shot. If she is itching them maybe she is getting dry eyes, you can give her eye drops, just normal ones, I use artificial tears, I got them from the vet but very costly, you can just go to any drug store/Walmart and buy the same stuff.

OP
Claire Thomas

Claire Thomas

Jan 5, 2014
Agh they are adorable - I've done so much research on "heartbreak breed" ive probably over worried myself ! But I decided she'd be worth it all to have her as part of our family !
We have a routine check up this week so I will get them to have a look at her eyes. What do you guys think about a normal vet or special breed vets - I have been advised against both and advised to on both from different sources?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
If you have a good Bulldog vet that is near enough to you definitely take her there. They know what these guys need and could make all the difference.

OP
Claire Thomas

Claire Thomas

Jan 5, 2014
All ok at vet check - her eyes seem to be better than worse - I will maybe change her food and try allergy relief

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG.... she is too darn cute --- love that underbite and the little teefers showing :heart:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.