Why is he such a brat?

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Aww haha, sorry for giggling a little:tongue: but it sounds kind of cute in a way:) I've never experienced something like that... My furkids entertain each other luckily, the only thing the want from me is butt scratching, which they demand pretty often, lol. No whining involved though:) I think he loves you very very much<3

Susie

Jul 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Howie
Whining in our house means he wants to play ball with us or he can't find his ball. Your EB loves you and wants your attention. In order to get our little guy tired, we do stairs exercise and mental challenging games too. Chewing nylabone also tired him out too.

B

Baxter Tiberius

Let me just say up front that I LOVE Dudley to death...but he will likely be the death of me! He is driving me insane. I don't know if it's because it's cold and snowy and he can't go outside very much, or he's just an incorrigible brat...but he is driving me crazy with whining and crying. He's been fed, been out, had treats, I've played with him...my nerves are shot and he is driving me right out of my mind. He was asleep earlier, but then he woke up...and he's been whining every since. He just stands or sits in front of me and whines?! I'm going to go out and go grocery shopping to just get away from him...and this happens frequently. I really think the poor dog is just so miserable here with me...I've always said he hates me...maybe that's the problem! Could he be unhappy living here? I just don't know...

LOL .... its helpful to hear that others are going insane sometimes :)

Baxter sits and moans and groans and whines nonstop while I am working. I have an ottoman that i rest my legs on and recline while in my office chair. He crawls up on there and just stares at me, repeatedly whining, whining, whining, whining. He wants up on my lap. Basically. He wants attention. For whatever reason, this doesn't bother me at all. Im able to keep working and i laugh at his hilarious noises. But each of us gets irritated by different things. My thing is the constant piss all over the place, for no apparent reason, other than that he's suddenly "untrained" himself after literally 300 visits to the proper potty location. Or when he is brought to the potty location, wont go pee, and 10 minutes later releases an entire gallon right on his doggy bed - in the middle of the day. That's what makes my sanity crack. It takes all of my willpower to not go gaga.

In any case, I think he just wants attention and something to do. Best thing I can advise is try your hardest to find some local bullies and set up play dates. I need to do that with baxter really soon.

OP
DudleysMom

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
LOL .... its helpful to hear that others are going insane sometimes :)

Baxter sits and moans and groans and whines nonstop while I am working. I have an ottoman that i rest my legs on and recline while in my office chair. He crawls up on there and just stares at me, repeatedly whining, whining, whining, whining. He wants up on my lap. Basically. He wants attention. For whatever reason, this doesn't bother me at all. Im able to keep working and i laugh at his hilarious noises. But each of us gets irritated by different things. My thing is the constant piss all over the place, for no apparent reason, other than that he's suddenly "untrained" himself after literally 300 visits to the proper potty location. Or when he is brought to the potty location, wont go pee, and 10 minutes later releases an entire gallon right on his doggy bed - in the middle of the day. That's what makes my sanity crack. It takes all of my willpower to not go gaga.

In any case, I think he just wants attention and something to do. Best thing I can advise is try your hardest to find some local bullies and set up play dates. I need to do that with baxter really soon.

Dudley had an intense - and I do mean intense - hatred for other bullies. I don't know what it is with him. He's bad to the bone. Now Dudley NEVER has accidents or "on purposes"...never. He's a GIANT PITA about many things, but never that...he's just a whiner...and it's usually treats...sometimes, he wants me to go upstairs and either work -- he won't come upstairs to my office -- or he wants me to go to bed. Sometimes, I think he just wants to be alone!

OP
DudleysMom

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Cash does this snotting thing and whines the most annoying sound. He only does it to me because I allow him to lay in my lap. I let Cash jump onto my lap and snuggle his head on my leg and he is good as gold and all whinning stops The only thing wrong with this is when he is the one that wants to snuggle and I dont. Cash is spoiled and thats fine with me, because that is our job to spoil them rotten.

My advice to stop this is to turn the radio on and dance around the house then maybe he will stop, or try and see if he wants to snuggle.

This made me laugh because I will often make up songs and sing them to him while dancing around the house! I usually wake him up in the morning with a song too! I don't think he appreciates my song stylings -- although people tell me I have a nice voice...I don't think Dudley thinks so!

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. It's the 3 B's, he's Bored, he's a Bully, and he's a baby, but he does love you.

Bored bully baby -- I love it!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Have no advice, Hun...I think the EBN's bullies are all spoiled rotten
and many are outright brats too! All bullies crave and demand full
attention, they care not that it may be the wrong time. Actually, most
of the time, the sounds they can make (as Lisa says, without moving
a muscle) are so hilarious it balances out my annoyance. You just can't
stay angry with these bullies, even when they really, really deserve it!

I know this...Dudley loves you, madly and you know it too <3 Just need
to vent sometimes to fellow bully owners who know & understand our
crazy love affair with these crazy dogs so unlike any other breed. Your
avatar pic of him always makes me laugh, it captures WHO he is, as you've
described him to us many a time, GOD bless Dudley and you~gotta love him!

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnum (EB), Delta (EB), Gracie (EB), Zoey (FB), Pebbles (FB), Prada (FB)
Let me just say up front that I LOVE Dudley to death...but he will likely be the death of me! He is driving me insane. I don't know if it's because it's cold and snowy and he can't go outside very much, or he's just an incorrigible brat...but he is driving me crazy with whining and crying. He's been fed, been out, had treats, I've played with him...my nerves are shot and he is driving me right out of my mind. He was asleep earlier, but then he woke up...and he's been whining every since. He just stands or sits in front of me and whines?! I'm going to go out and go grocery shopping to just get away from him...and this happens frequently. I really think the poor dog is just so miserable here with me...I've always said he hates me...maybe that's the problem! Could he be unhappy living here? I just don't know...

I feel you Gordo is sooooo stubborn!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
I love this thread!!!!
My husband calls Jagger "Jagger the Jerk" lol.

Sounds to me like you just have a spoiled baby wanting some attention :)

With Jagger and Ellie they are always whining, growling and barking for attention or because they want snacks.

If you ignore Jagger he will open his mouth and put it around your ankle (not bite) just hold your ankle until you do what he wants.

Try doing dishes and or laundry with a big bulldog latched on your ankle lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.