DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Let me just say up front that I LOVE Dudley to death...but he will likely be the death of me! He is driving me insane. I don't know if it's because it's cold and snowy and he can't go outside very much, or he's just an incorrigible brat...but he is driving me crazy with whining and crying. He's been fed, been out, had treats, I've played with him...my nerves are shot and he is driving me right out of my mind. He was asleep earlier, but then he woke up...and he's been whining every since. He just stands or sits in front of me and whines?! I'm going to go out and go grocery shopping to just get away from him...and this happens frequently. I really think the poor dog is just so miserable here with me...I've always said he hates me...maybe that's the problem! Could he be unhappy living here? I just don't know...

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Kathleen, I know Dudley loves you as much as you love him. He's probably restless b/c he's cooped up inside b/c of the bad weather outdoors. Is there a way you can entertain him indoors until he's pooped out? I know you've probably tried all sorts of things already, but perhaps a good game of chase or tug of war with him is just what he needs.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh, I just read that you have played with him but make him run around in the house to get him konked out. :rundog:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I dont think he hates you at all. Someone sounds like he has a bad case of cabin fever.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Can you put a sweater on him and let him play in the snow? My guys love the snow and it really poops them out. When they come in I dry their paws and body and they sleep for hours. If your yard is fenced I would let him go. He will let you know when he is cold. Dudley definetly loves you without a doubt. I think he just has cabin fever. The kids get it too at this time of year.

OP
DudleysMom

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Thanks guys...I guess I didn't mention the 6 times he was out running around the yard in the snow! :rofl: I think he was mad because I wouldn't give him any more treats...he's been eating like a pig. I thought maybe the weather and playing outside was making him hungrier, but I'm very conscious of his weight. He knew I was mad, because I went upstairs for a little while. When I came down he came over and sat down next to me for a while. Now, he's snoring in his chair. Like I said...a brat!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:lmao: Boy he is a brat! A brat that loves his mom!?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
How about 4 that sit,stare at you, and whine(taking turns) because they ALL want the same toy?!!! Sometimes I DO go to town-just to get away from it!! I love them and they are my family-but give ma a break!! A bunch of spoiled brats.............But I am SO STUPID, I still buy them a toy each! Since they all want the same one-I COULD just buy one!!(I will never learn:stupid:) Dudley is a "Joisey Boy" he just wants ta' have FUN!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Awww my poor baby Dudley!!! Roxie has been walking around the house whining lately, and I think it's because she is lonely :( I took her to PetSmart so she could be social, and then of course watch the idiots avoid us because they always assume she is a pit bull. Have I mentioned how much I HATE stupid people!!! :cursing: Do you think Dudley is lonely? I know you mentioned he doesn't like other dogs… does he have any doggie friends?

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie does the same thing, just sit and whine and growl in your face until she gets her way. I was trying to take a nap around 3pm today, I was in bed and I start to hear a low growl, then a whimper, then growling again, and just let it go until the barking started. So I gave in and said "You win, I'm up". She's been quiet since. Brats....straight brats..LOL.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Sounds like your baby has a bit of cabin fever. Raven has been a pain in the butt as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Molly does this to me a lot, she usually wants to sit on my lap, other times I just don't know what she wants! I swear when she whines it is soooo loud but she barely moves a muscle!

Oh and I think you are sorely mistaken, he whines at you because he loves YOU and knows you will make him happy :yes:

asimpson

Jun 20, 2011
Edgewood, Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius aka "Cash"
Molly does this to me a lot, she usually wants to sit on my lap, other times I just don't know what she wants! I swear when she whines it is soooo loud but she barely moves a muscle!

Oh and I think you are sorely mistaken, he whines at you because he loves YOU and knows you will make him happy :yes:

Cash does this snotting thing and whines the most annoying sound. He only does it to me because I allow him to lay in my lap. I let Cash jump onto my lap and snuggle his head on my leg and he is good as gold and all whinning stops The only thing wrong with this is when he is the one that wants to snuggle and I dont. Cash is spoiled and thats fine with me, because that is our job to spoil them rotten.

My advice to stop this is to turn the radio on and dance around the house then maybe he will stop, or try and see if he wants to snuggle.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online