Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 23 of 23

Thread: Why is he such a brat?

  1. #13
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,639
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2118

    Default Re: Why is he such a brat?

    Lol. It's the 3 B's, he's Bored, he's a Bully, and he's a baby, but he does love you.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  2. #14
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Why is he such a brat?

    Molly does this to me a lot, she usually wants to sit on my lap, other times I just don't know what she wants! I swear when she whines it is soooo loud but she barely moves a muscle!

    Oh and I think you are sorely mistaken, he whines at you because he loves YOU and knows you will make him happy

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  3. #15
    Wrinkle Wiper asimpson's Avatar
    Real Name
    Allison Simpson
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Edgewood, Kentucky
    Posts
    147
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cassius aka "Cash"
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Why is he such a brat?

    Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Molly does this to me a lot, she usually wants to sit on my lap, other times I just don't know what she wants! I swear when she whines it is soooo loud but she barely moves a muscle!

    Oh and I think you are sorely mistaken, he whines at you because he loves YOU and knows you will make him happy
    Cash does this snotting thing and whines the most annoying sound. He only does it to me because I allow him to lay in my lap. I let Cash jump onto my lap and snuggle his head on my leg and he is good as gold and all whinning stops The only thing wrong with this is when he is the one that wants to snuggle and I dont. Cash is spoiled and thats fine with me, because that is our job to spoil them rotten.

    My advice to stop this is to turn the radio on and dance around the house then maybe he will stop, or try and see if he wants to snuggle.


    Happy New Year From the Simpson Family

  4. #16
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Petra's Avatar
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Location
    Naboomspruit, South Africa.
    Posts
    2,880
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)
    1384

    Default Re: Why is he such a brat?

    Aww haha, sorry for giggling a little but it sounds kind of cute in a way I've never experienced something like that... My furkids entertain each other luckily, the only thing the want from me is butt scratching, which they demand pretty often, lol. No whining involved though I think he loves you very very much<3
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.



  5. #17
    Dog Park Attendant Susie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    402
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Howie
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Why is he such a brat?

    Whining in our house means he wants to play ball with us or he can't find his ball. Your EB loves you and wants your attention. In order to get our little guy tired, we do stairs exercise and mental challenging games too. Chewing nylabone also tired him out too.

  6. #18
    Baxter Tiberius
    Guest

    Default Re: Why is he such a brat?

    Quote Originally Posted by DudleysMom View Post
    Let me just say up front that I LOVE Dudley to death...but he will likely be the death of me! He is driving me insane. I don't know if it's because it's cold and snowy and he can't go outside very much, or he's just an incorrigible brat...but he is driving me crazy with whining and crying. He's been fed, been out, had treats, I've played with him...my nerves are shot and he is driving me right out of my mind. He was asleep earlier, but then he woke up...and he's been whining every since. He just stands or sits in front of me and whines?! I'm going to go out and go grocery shopping to just get away from him...and this happens frequently. I really think the poor dog is just so miserable here with me...I've always said he hates me...maybe that's the problem! Could he be unhappy living here? I just don't know...
    LOL .... its helpful to hear that others are going insane sometimes

    Baxter sits and moans and groans and whines nonstop while I am working. I have an ottoman that i rest my legs on and recline while in my office chair. He crawls up on there and just stares at me, repeatedly whining, whining, whining, whining. He wants up on my lap. Basically. He wants attention. For whatever reason, this doesn't bother me at all. Im able to keep working and i laugh at his hilarious noises. But each of us gets irritated by different things. My thing is the constant piss all over the place, for no apparent reason, other than that he's suddenly "untrained" himself after literally 300 visits to the proper potty location. Or when he is brought to the potty location, wont go pee, and 10 minutes later releases an entire gallon right on his doggy bed - in the middle of the day. That's what makes my sanity crack. It takes all of my willpower to not go gaga.

    In any case, I think he just wants attention and something to do. Best thing I can advise is try your hardest to find some local bullies and set up play dates. I need to do that with baxter really soon.

  7. #19
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    DudleysMom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsauken, NJ
    Posts
    1,548
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)
    64

    Default Re: Why is he such a brat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    LOL .... its helpful to hear that others are going insane sometimes

    Baxter sits and moans and groans and whines nonstop while I am working. I have an ottoman that i rest my legs on and recline while in my office chair. He crawls up on there and just stares at me, repeatedly whining, whining, whining, whining. He wants up on my lap. Basically. He wants attention. For whatever reason, this doesn't bother me at all. Im able to keep working and i laugh at his hilarious noises. But each of us gets irritated by different things. My thing is the constant piss all over the place, for no apparent reason, other than that he's suddenly "untrained" himself after literally 300 visits to the proper potty location. Or when he is brought to the potty location, wont go pee, and 10 minutes later releases an entire gallon right on his doggy bed - in the middle of the day. That's what makes my sanity crack. It takes all of my willpower to not go gaga.

    In any case, I think he just wants attention and something to do. Best thing I can advise is try your hardest to find some local bullies and set up play dates. I need to do that with baxter really soon.
    Dudley had an intense - and I do mean intense - hatred for other bullies. I don't know what it is with him. He's bad to the bone. Now Dudley NEVER has accidents or "on purposes"...never. He's a GIANT PITA about many things, but never that...he's just a whiner...and it's usually treats...sometimes, he wants me to go upstairs and either work -- he won't come upstairs to my office -- or he wants me to go to bed. Sometimes, I think he just wants to be alone!

    Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

  8. #20
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    DudleysMom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsauken, NJ
    Posts
    1,548
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)
    64

    Default Re: Why is he such a brat?

    Quote Originally Posted by asimpson View Post
    Cash does this snotting thing and whines the most annoying sound. He only does it to me because I allow him to lay in my lap. I let Cash jump onto my lap and snuggle his head on my leg and he is good as gold and all whinning stops The only thing wrong with this is when he is the one that wants to snuggle and I dont. Cash is spoiled and thats fine with me, because that is our job to spoil them rotten.

    My advice to stop this is to turn the radio on and dance around the house then maybe he will stop, or try and see if he wants to snuggle.
    This made me laugh because I will often make up songs and sing them to him while dancing around the house! I usually wake him up in the morning with a song too! I don't think he appreciates my song stylings -- although people tell me I have a nice voice...I don't think Dudley thinks so!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Lol. It's the 3 B's, he's Bored, he's a Bully, and he's a baby, but he does love you.
    Bored bully baby -- I love it!

    Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

  9. #21
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,202
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2742

    Default Re: Why is he such a brat?

    Have no advice, Hun...I think the EBN's bullies are all spoiled rotten
    and many are outright brats too! All bullies crave and demand full
    attention, they care not that it may be the wrong time. Actually, most
    of the time, the sounds they can make (as Lisa says, without moving
    a muscle) are so hilarious it balances out my annoyance. You just can't
    stay angry with these bullies, even when they really, really deserve it!

    I know this...Dudley loves you, madly and you know it too <3 Just need
    to vent sometimes to fellow bully owners who know & understand our
    crazy love affair with these crazy dogs so unlike any other breed. Your
    avatar pic of him always makes me laugh, it captures WHO he is, as you've
    described him to us many a time, GOD bless Dudley and you~gotta love him!


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  10. #22
    Pet Sitter Gordosmom1212's Avatar
    Real Name
    Amanda
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Keller, Texas
    Posts
    338
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gordo Fatsky
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Why is he such a brat?

    Quote Originally Posted by DudleysMom View Post
    Let me just say up front that I LOVE Dudley to death...but he will likely be the death of me! He is driving me insane. I don't know if it's because it's cold and snowy and he can't go outside very much, or he's just an incorrigible brat...but he is driving me crazy with whining and crying. He's been fed, been out, had treats, I've played with him...my nerves are shot and he is driving me right out of my mind. He was asleep earlier, but then he woke up...and he's been whining every since. He just stands or sits in front of me and whines?! I'm going to go out and go grocery shopping to just get away from him...and this happens frequently. I really think the poor dog is just so miserable here with me...I've always said he hates me...maybe that's the problem! Could he be unhappy living here? I just don't know...
    I feel you Gordo is sooooo stubborn!

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

  11. #23
    I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card! JennyeStear's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Lowell, AR
    Posts
    587
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Why is he such a brat?

    I love this thread!!!!
    My husband calls Jagger "Jagger the Jerk" lol.

    Sounds to me like you just have a spoiled baby wanting some attention

    With Jagger and Ellie they are always whining, growling and barking for attention or because they want snacks.

    If you ignore Jagger he will open his mouth and put it around your ankle (not bite) just hold your ankle until you do what he wants.

    Try doing dishes and or laundry with a big bulldog latched on your ankle lol
    Jennye

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •