Eye cyst or ingrown hair?

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I noticed today a bump on Rocco's eyelid. I can't tell what it is and before I run to the vet I wanted to get the opinions of the knowledgeable people here. What do you think it is and what should I do, if anything, to treat it? Thanks in advance guys!

ne8e6ejy.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hhmm... Might be a bug / spider bite?
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am no expert but to me it looks like some kind of bug bite.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:heartsign:Hi, I don't have any experience with eye cysts and what they look like, I only have experience with Cherry eye, and it's kind of hard to see it clearly from the picture. I agree with others comments that it looks more like a bug bite, or maybe an allergic reaction to a bug bite or something else. You could try a Benadryl to see if this helps, then you will know if it's allergy related or not. I hope it's nothing serious, but if it doesn't clear up in a few days, then a trip to the vet to see if it is an ingrown eyelash might be a good idea. Please keep us posted, and hope he gets better soon. Love, hugs and prayers for you and Rocco.

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Thanks for the responses guys. He stayed the night at my future father in law house because we went to Atlantic City. So I know it's not something from my house. We noticed it immediately when we saw him today. He's not rubbing it at all but a bug bite is a possibility. I'll keep a close eye on it for a few days

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
You can give 25mg (one tablet) of benedryl per 25 pounds if he is itching at it or looking like it is bothering him. You can put a warm soak on it if you think it is a pimple or ingrown hair. That will help bring it to the surface. I'm not sure if I would make a vet trip yet. Only if there is discharge from the eye or bump. Keep us posted. I hope you won in AC. I am going with my sister in law at the end of January!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sorry, I just got on the computer-I don't have a "fancy phone!" Maude had a spider bite, on her side. It looked just like that. Hers did not itch. It took awhile to go away, putting antibiotic ointment on it. If you get some anti biotic eye ointment, you could put that on it, if it got in his eye, it would be okay. Of course it if is an ingrown lash-it would look the same. If it doesn't seem to bother him-and doesn't get any bigger-I would try the ointment for a couple of days. Hope it will get better soon.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
[MENTION=9549]fastmatt613[/MENTION] Got on this post late..sry for that. It does look a bit like a bite to me as well. Perhaps the Benadryl and antibiotic ointment for eye would help. Def take him to the vet if it gets bigger or starts to ooz. Hope he is ok and gets better w it quickly! I think an in grown hair causing a bump like that would cause him to show more signs of discomfort like rubbing, tearing or a lot of blinking. Keep us up to date on how he is doing please!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Anyone heard how Rocco's eye bump is?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.