Uh oh!! Stella ate a push pin

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Well, we are pretty sure she did. We caught her with it in her mouth. All that was left was the head of the pin. She ate the pin part!! Called my vet. They said to feed her 6-12 pieces of white bread which will create a buffer around the pin so she can pass it safely, and monitor for any distress.
Crazy dogs! I don't understand how she did it though. We were right near her. She never yelped in pain, or choked :confused:

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Oh crap. These bulldogs will eat anything. It's a nervous wreck waiting game now. I have been there with other objects that I was aware of and God knows what else Ace has eaten that I'm not aware of. Trusting that "this too shall pass" without incident.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Oh wow! I hope she passes it soon and smoothly. Poor thing. I can imagine your worry! I'm so sry. They really do eat everything it is so hard to watch them sometimes too. Please let us know what happens! Many hugs!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Oh man, I hope it comes out and doesn't get stuck. I guess you will be on poop patrol for the next few days.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Crap! They are fast.... Prayers that this is I eventful and works it's way out without any issues!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh wow, I'm so sorry. They're super fast so you can't catch everything, please let us know what happens.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Oh know...lil stinker! Please keep us posted. I hope everything "comes out" okay!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Hope she can safely pass it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I really think you should be given a life time supply of xanex when you become a bully parent. The stress level is unreal. I hope everything passes without a problem. I guess you are going to be donning rubber gloves searching through poop for the next little bit. I have been there done that with the pictures to prove it!! :w00t:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh no I'm so sorry, I hope she is able to pass it with no problems, and I hope the pin doesn't poke anywhere. Hopefully the bread works, sending hugs, love and prayers that Stella is okay. They really do eat anything and everything, they think they are bully goats not dogs. Lol. My male Bulldozer will anything that isn't nailed down, he has eaten 4 socks, a dishcloth, rocks, sticks, Nerf bullets, and who knows what else. He's always been able to poop out what he's swallowed, but I never understood how they can eat stuff like socks, and not choke on them. Silly bullies.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Crap is right. Be on high alert with a pin. It's one of the worst things they can swallow due to it being able to penetrate the insides. So I've read anyway when I was doing all that research for the article. I worry about this often as I sew all the time. It might be worth getting her in for an xray since you may not when when and if she passes it. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

sheliad

Dec 30, 2013
Well, we are pretty sure she did. We caught her with it in her mouth. All that was left was the head of the pin. She ate the pin part!! Called my vet. They said to feed her 6-12 pieces of white bread which will create a buffer around the pin so she can pass it safely, and monitor for any distress.
Crazy dogs! I don't understand how she did it though. We were right near her. She never yelped in pain, or choked :confused:

Crap is right. Be on high alert with a pin. It's one of the worst things they can swallow due to it being able to penetrate the insides. So I've read anyway when I was doing all that research for the article. I worry about this often as I sew all the time. It might be worth getting her in for an xray since you may not when when and if she passes it. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

My bully eats anything and everything I thought it was just her but obviously not lol.what makes them do that?

Sent from my C5170 using Tapatalk

OP
MyStellaBully

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], Nothing that I know if yet. Her temperament is just fine. Eating and drinking fine. We had 10inches of snow and -30 windchills, so checking through the snow has been challenging. I do wipe her bottom each time she goes, and there is no sign of bleeding. I think we are ok. I hope!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Praying and praying it will pass without incident, we should all keep that bread truck handy in case we ever need it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.