New Puppy

Utley

Jul 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Utley and Bella
We are going to be getting a second English Bulldog. Utley will be 2 years old when the new puppy comes home. I have been doing some reading on how to bring the new puppy home but wanted some more advise on how to bring the new puppy home with already having an English Bulldog.

Attachments

• IMG_1525.jpg
    IMG_1525.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 75

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
:smileywelcome: to EBN! Utley is a cutie :) I have never introduced an EB puppy into a home with an existing EB, so I don't have any advice for you, but one of our knowledgeable members will be by shortly to help you out :yes:

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
I would introduce them slowly if possible..

Its always best to introduce a new dog away from home. Take Utley on a walk or to the park and have him meet the new puppy there for the first time. It's a little less threatening then doing it in Utley's home territory :) . You might want to see if the breeder you are getting the puppy from will let you do a few 'meet-and-greets' before you bring the puppy home for good.

OP
Utley

Utley

Jul 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Utley and Bella
Thank you for the advise. We are getting the puppy from the same breeder we got Utley from so I am sure he wouldn't mind us bring him over a couple times.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Best of luck... What will be his name? Is your current boy named after 'Chase Utley'?

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I have not had a problem introducing a puppy to an adult dog in my home. The adult recognizes the puppy is a baby and isn't threatened. I have taken the precaution of leashing the adult, just in case.... When the puppy starts feeling comfortable and is playing with Utley, make sure Utley gets a break from the little needle sharp teeth of the baby; he should always have access to his own get away spot. Congratulations!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Who is Chase Utley? Duh.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online