brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
So as everyone here knows I have not had the best rescue experience. I was all set to write a letter outlining my displeasure, and then I thought maybe I shouldn't judge what I really have no experience with. So....I have decided to volunteer at a some events that are upcoming for this rescue and maybe do some home visits. Maybe they really are that overwhelmed and that is why I am frustrated with how things were handled with my foster/rescue. I am not saying that it is excusable or right the way I was treated but maybe I can do something to help out so the next person who wants to rescue has a better experience. I don't know if my plan will work, but I think I should try to do something positive instead of just complaining about what I think is wrong with the process.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think it is a great plan and hopefully you will help some one down the road!? :hug:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think that is a great idea, this way you will gt to know them better and the best part get to visit with dome of the bullies.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That really is the most positive thing that can come from what you've been through.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Rosalie, I do home visits for my local rescue, and I'm in awe at how much they do and how caring the rescue people are. Thank you so much for volunteering your time. The experience will be rewarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This is a great idea, and I do hope you can accomplish great things! Very inspired by your way of thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Rosalie, I know you've been frustrated and I agree that you may get a clearer picture of what's going on… wish you the best this year!!! ;)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
This is a great idea, and maybe you can improve the process for the better, and at the same time help the rescues. Maybe in the process you may find and connect with a future rescue of your own. Good luck, and you have a very positive attitude.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
You ROCK, Rosalie! Happy New Year's, dear friend, may you & yours
be blessed & favored of GOD.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
That is a great idea , rescues need good hearted people like you xx

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Great way to turn something bad into good! Good for you for changing your thinking, I love that, positive way to start the new year.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online