kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
Update:

Sorry for the late update but it has been a busy and stressful time. I ended up making an emergency vet visit on Sunday. Bentley was not able to pee. He had thrown up all his food Saturday and would not take any of the meds he was given. The vet ended up cathing him to help relieve the pressure because he couldn't go on his on. Needless to say we began to discuss the options of how this could be fixed with the last resort being surgery. Cathing worked and he came home. The vet wanted to see him again that Monday to make sure he was okay. He wasn't. X rays were done because the vet could feel the grittiness in his urethra when he was trying to catch him. Yesterday afternoon we decided that if he could not pee something would have to be done.

I did not want him to continue to be cathed everyday. He didn't act if it bothered him but it bothered me to put him through that and him be in pain. I dropped him off this morning and later got a call from the vet. He said he tried to catch him and it was not going in. It was time to decide about surgery. I was given about 3 options. The surgery was a success there were several stones in his bladder. They cleaned it out and tried to flush his urethra. They were unable to so they had to go in and clear it out also. He was doing fine when I called this afternoon. I got off work late so wasn't able to go and see him. I will stop by in the morning. He will be spending a couple nights at the vet.

I wasn't hesitant to do the surgery. I feel it was the best thing for him. He was miserable! The vet I use is a practice with several vets. There are 2 or 3 that I know are very knowledgeable about bulldogs. They are the only ones I allow to see my babies. My first ER vet visit was with someone I was not familiar but I did let them know and he is now seen by someone I trust. So please do not say I should get rid of my vet. They have years of experience with bulldogs. When I took him in sunday, the vet was delivering a litter of bulldog puppies.

I will go check on my baby in the morning and I just hope he recovers fine and all preventive are done keep this from happening again. Please kept us in your thoughts and prayers.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
So glad to hear this update and that Bentley is doing well. You've got to understand,
Kristie, that so often, bullies have died from uncaring, improper or inexperienced Vets
that didn't have too and we've experienced that here at EBN and grieve too. No one
meant to offend, just so very worried about you losing dear Bentley. Not all details are
clear/given as it's hard to post everything so sometimes, we're just guessing out here
in cyberland. No worries tho, all is great, please continue updating us~Prayers ongoing!

OP
kristier25

kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
Thank you so much. I know no one meant to offend. I just wanted to explain about the vet I use. I will keep you all posted and I really hope he gets over this and back to his normal "sexy man" self.

Members online

No members online now.