My baby bullies weren't welcome :(

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Happy New Year ya'll!! I hope that all had an enjoyable holiday season. My family and I only opted to go to TX this year instead of TX and AZ (where I'm from) since my sister changed her mind at the last minute about my bullies being welcome. She moved into a new and big home this summer and told me the bullies could stay in her mud room when we come to visit and we could stay with her and the Tuesday before we are getting ready to leave that Friday I got a mean call from her saying that I should have asked first to bring my dogs. Well, we already discussed this but I guess she needed me to ask again to make sure what we talked about was still ok. Really?!? She said they could stay outside all day and sleep in the laundry room just like her dogs and I mentioned how cold it is during winter and that I was willing to kennel them most of the day and the 4 of us would take turns sitting with them and playing with them and taking them outside. Nope, not happening! Well, guess who didn't go to AZ for Christmas as planned? Me, me! I'm sorry but we already do all the visiting and foot the travel bill every freakin year and NO ONE comes to visit us and we live in some pretty cool places being military and all. I don't care if I have to sleep in the laundry room myself, my family is welcome to all stay in our little base house and I will be happy they came at all. She's mad and trying to say I just have "drama" but the point is really not that my precious bullies weren't welcome (although that is important!) but more that it always seems to be that we are inconveniencing my family by visiting when they don't realize that it is by no means cheap for us to visit AND we have to take time off of work, too. BTW, the last time we went to visit when we were switching bases a year and a half ago my dad calls me up and says since my step-brothers were starting school he didn't want us to stay with him and "disrupt their routine". We went straight to TX that time too. What do you think, would you have left them behind or not gone at all?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Veronica...I think you should do what is best for you & your family.

My family is mean, selfish & create problems where there is none.

I've finally had enough and have stopped trying to make things right,
look the other way or waste another minute thinking of their behavior.
I so wish I had the years back of wasted effort on trying to change
things. You can only change YOU...GOD bless you & yours, Peace!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I agree with you. I would have stayed home. It sounds like YOU are treated like a "step child" by all of your family! Maybe you have been pushed around long enough.....
You dogs are part of your family. How would they like it if you said for their kids to stay in the laundry room, cause they track mud in your house! Sounds like (sorry to say) they are selfish, and self-centered. I don't think you would have had a good time anyway!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Holy WOW.... How I credibly rude and selfish of them all... You did the right thing! My family and friends know, if you invite me my babies come along and if you come to my house, the dogs live here you do not,

you go girl, right choice. And so sorry your family seems to only think of themselves and not your feelings

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would have done the exact same thing, you did the right thing.

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
And might I just add that it is quite expensive to kennel 2 bullies for 2 weeks and we also live in such a rural area in AZ that motels and kennels are not readily available. My step-mom wanted us to stay with them but not after what my dad did last time. She didn't talk to him for awhile after that, I love her soooo much! I really wanted to see my newborn nephew too but looks like I'll have to shell out more cash to take a quick flight there. BTW, no one will pick us up from the Phoenix airport, it HAS to be the Tucson airport or no dice. Wow, my dead mother would be so proud of what she left behind (sarcasm)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well I would have done the same thing. If my bullies are not welcome, then I am not welcome and will not go. That stinks your sister did that to you, pretty selfish if you ask me.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
And might I just add that it is quite expensive to kennel 2 bullies for 2 weeks and we also live in such a rural area in AZ that motels and kennels are not readily available. My step-mom wanted us to stay with them but not after what my dad did last time. She didn't talk to him for awhile after that, I love her soooo much! I really wanted to see my newborn nephew too but looks like I'll have to shell out more cash to take a quick flight there. BTW, no one will pick us up from the Phoenix airport, it HAS to be the Tucson airport or no dice. Wow, my dead mother would be so proud of what she left behind (sarcasm)

Guess you are the only one that 'family' means something too?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I would've stayed home as well. As much as I love family, my boys depend on me and I'd hate to be separated from them and visit relatives who don't appreciate you being there and give you attitude. The holidays are about celebrating and making peace, no matter the 'inconvenience'. You did good, please give your babies a kiss from all of us here. :hug:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Veronica...I think you should do what is best for you & your family.

My family is mean, selfish & create problems where there is none.

I've finally had enough and have stopped trying to make things right,
look the other way or waste another minute thinking of their behavior.
I so wish I had the years back of wasted effort on trying to change
things. You can only change YOU...GOD bless you & yours, Peace!

I agree 100%! Do what is best for your family!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
The only place I get to go-and not too often, is my sister's. I have 4 dogs(who go with me) and she has 2( I got for her as gifts:)) and she(and my bro in law )welcomes me and my dogs!! Always has-even when I had 5 dogs, and she had one! My bro in law will even "babysit" so she and I can go shopping!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Family or not don't allow yourself to be mistreated...In the Bully Nation - Bullies are family!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think you did the right thing! No doubt about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online