Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I think you did what you felt was the best thing for you and family. I agree 100% with what you diid!!

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Wow...WTH? I say go with your gut...seems like you are doing all the traveling and it is not like you can leave your babies behind.

Sorry this happened with your family. I probably would not have gone at all and, honestly, I think I might be happier at home with my babies than with family and dealing with all their bullsh*t.

Hope 2014 is an awesome one for you and your bubbies!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I would of stayed home too and would do so in the future as well.

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
I would have stayed home. If Ruthie is not welcome...we aren't either. If you want next year come to my house..bullies welcome and they can sleep in the bed with you.

That's what I'm saying! Thanks, that sounds better than leaving them kenneled for 2 weeks and paying out the a** for the chance they not be treated right. You never know about kenneling, not everyone treats animals as they should sadly.

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Too bad for them. You can always clean up after the dogs leave but you can't erase the hurt as the years go by by putting pressure on someone to visit and then putting stipulations on the visit before they come. For some of us it would be like saying "please come visit us for a few days but leave your children with a baby sitter"

Exactly!! My kids are older now, going on 10 & 12 and hers are not even 2 and a newborn but I'd never say leave them behind. I have 4 kids, that's just the way it it is.

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
How rude of them. Glad you made the decision you did. It also makes me glad that all my family that I would visit is all within a 30 minute drive and they are well aware I may or may not bring Harlea with me when I visit and if they don't like it then I am not coming either.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Todd- and THAT is why we took our tushies to Texas! LOL we spent all our time in South TX at his brother's and they were not allowed to roam the house but that is because I didn't ask. I kept them in the back room and played with them often and cleaned up after them. Sis-in-law even bullysat while we took kids and nephews to 6 Flags one day and yelled at hubby for not letting them outside long enough for her. They had a good time at Petco one day and got lots of attention and yummies when we went camping one night.

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Do what is best for you and your family. Take care of the pups first. Is she in the wrong? Maybe not. But neither are you by not going.

You are right, I don't think she is in the wrong as it is her house, her rules so she IS right. But it would still be nice to be welcome and not have to think about extra expenses and worries like kenneling would have caused. I want to feel welcomed and not like a bother, I always feel like I bother my family:(

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
My *** would have stayed right home. Raven is one of my kids and not a yard dog. Personally I would just have my own celebrations at home. Everyone would be welcome.and you best understand that Rave has full run. So if that makes you unhappy we can just share the holiday via Skype and holiday cards.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Most Reactions