cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Veronica, that sucks how your family treated you. I would not leave my bullies either if we all were not welcome.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I would have stayed home. If Ruthie is not welcome...we aren't either. If you want next year come to my house..bullies welcome and they can sleep in the bed with you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would have stayed home. If Ruthie is not welcome...we aren't either. If you want next year come to my house..bullies welcome and they can sleep in the bed with you.

:up:

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
I would've stayed home! How incredibly rude. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with such behavior. Btw, I live fifteen minutes from the Phoenix airport. I'm not sure what part of AZ you would need to get to, but if should ever need help I'd be happy to pick you up. I know how much more pricey Tucson airport can be, when I lived down there I always drove to sky harbor.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Too bad for them. You can always clean up after the dogs leave but you can't erase the hurt as the years go by by putting pressure on someone to visit and then putting stipulations on the visit before they come. For some of us it would be like saying "please come visit us for a few days but leave your children with a baby sitter"

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
How rude of them. Glad you made the decision you did. It also makes me glad that all my family that I would visit is all within a 30 minute drive and they are well aware I may or may not bring Harlea with me when I visit and if they don't like it then I am not coming either.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
An dat's da' truf!!!

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
thats nuts, I feel the same way, we are always the visitors never the visitees, and even before we had a dog my friends and family were welcome to bring their fuzzy kids! I can always vacuum a bit more!! I take my big guy everywhere, even shopping and out to dinner, shoot we've met other bully owner for bulldog dates!! Tell them to leave their kids at home and come to you! People can really suck, clearly we're with you!!!! :D

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Veronica I would have done exactly what you did if Ftse is not welcome neither are we.

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
Do what is best for you and your family. Take care of the pups first. Is she in the wrong? Maybe not. But neither are you by not going.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with you, I would have done the same thing, two weeks is way too long to leave your babies. I have the same thing with my family, my mom doesn't beleive dogs belong in the house, she thinks they belong outside on a big property. She's an interior designer, and would cringe at the hair. She thinks pets ruin your home. I feel sorry for her, not to know the love of a pet. My sister is allergic to cats, and says she's allergic to dogs, so won't have them in her home, but when she comes here she seems fine, so whatever, I stay home and they come here, but this is their home.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Well there ya go, Veronica...EBN sides with you...resoundingly!

I love these peeps <3 Happy & Blessed New Year to you & yours.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
It reminds me of my family they can be like that ,yet my friend who got 6 dogs will welcome us with open arms

im so sorry for the way things happened its not right to be rude and change the plans right before planned visit ;-(

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Oh so you can lock kids up in a mud room??? I didn't know that:w00t: that's awesome;) will definitely start doing this when friends bring their skin brats to my house since my fur kids are not welcome to them... You are so right, I wouldn't have gone either. I get so mad when people act like my dogs have rabies or something. I even keep my dogs in their room when we get skin kids as visitors even though none I know here would lift a finger to make things easier for me and my bulldogs. Dogs are family:heart:

crnogaj antonio

Nov 29, 2013
hepy njuer ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388672715.488887.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.